Villa match fred: Danny Blanchflower derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

According to Football Focus, if we win tomorrow it will make it our 2nd best start to the league ever, surely that would shut everyone up :ap:

Hegarz said:
According to Football Focus, if we win tomorrow it will make it our 2nd best start to the league ever, surely that would shut everyone up :ap:

Depends is our best start was under Harry or not, as some people will still throw it back at you as a sign we havent improved :avbfacepalm:

But, for the normal folk among us, its a nice thing to be able to use. Hope we do the business. We won at old trafford, so lets see if we can banish another hoodoo:

The Good Result Hangover

133871219_display_image.jpg

tottenham-2-aston-villa-0.jpg

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

I miss Ade....hope he's back!

sammyspurs said:
Hegarz said:

Depends is our best start was under Harry or not, as some people will still throw it back at you as a sign we havent improved

Errr, we won our first 11 league games in 60/61 - still a league record let alone a club record

cunting fuckdogs, im gonna miss the first half.
we need to get on top of villa for the 90, they are low on confidance and aint very good. no excuses, easy 3-0. or 3-1 as we will concede a late consolation which wont be a problem, but we have to give it to them for the whole game.

Blanchflower said:
sammyspurs said:
Hegarz said:

Depends is our best start was under Harry or not, as some people will still throw it back at you as a sign we havent improved

Errr, we won our first 11 league games in 60/61 - still a league record let alone a club record

Don't be stupid, everyone knows football was invented in 1992.

:dempsey:

Or simply it wasnt a fact I had at the forefront of my mind, despite the fact its something Ive been aware of at some point.....hence the "IS our best start under Harry....."

Fuck me, a positive post about AVB, and all people can see through their angry tunnel vision is the word "Harry".

:dempsey: indeed

sammyspurs said:
Or simply it wasnt a fact I had at the forefront of my mind, despite the fact its something Ive been aware of at some point.....hence the "IS our best start under Harry....."

Fuck me, a positive post about AVB, and all people can see through their angry tunnel vision is the word "Harry".

:dempsey: indeed

Chill man, I was referring to the bad stat and how Sky 'invented' football in some plastics eyes. :thumbup:

am i the only guy who's scared about our players being too tired? that strong team against panathinaikos was a stupid thing to do. we looked bad in athens, and i'm afraid of that damn fatigue.

IsraeliYid said:
am i the only guy who's scared about our players being too tired? that strong team against panathinaikos was a stupid thing to do. we looked bad in athens, and i'm afraid of that damn fatigue.

If we can't do it in the EL, we can't do it in the CL. IT's like AVB said, you need to be used to that twice a week cycle if you want to play in the CL.

I think motivation must be questioned on Thursday. The players knew they were better than the opposition and instead of putting them to the sword, thought they could cruise through the second half. Needs to be better for a Premier League game and I think it will be.

Back
Top Bottom