Villa match fred: Danny Blanchflower derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liked the second half yesterday and fair play to the Villa fans they were trying to get a bit of banter going but the crowd was pretty quiet yesterday , its been over two years since i saw a League game in the flesh at WHL and i was a bit dissapointed but the result and the confidence of the second half made up for it

But seeing those two sexy Belgians rule and the other Belgian playing well but missing two sitters made my day a good one

ps driving in London is hell

Here's a question - when Benny comes back does he walk back into the team?

Same with Yooooounis, what is our 1st choice back 4?

Would be a shame to see Caulker sit back on the bench...
I think Kab would nick the spot from Gallas, with the latter handing the capitancy over to Lennon or even JV by the time he's back. I really don't think AVB can drop Caulker from his performances, they've been brilliant so far!

I really cant see Lennon being a regular captain.

When Parker is back it may be him, or even Verts/Hugo once they have played a lot of games.

I'd imagine it's gonna be Hugo once he's played a decent string of games. He's the only international captain we have, and you don't become that unless you have some leader abilities.

51819267.gif

Here's a question - when Benny comes back does he walk back into the team?

Same with Yooooounis, what is our 1st choice back 4?

Would be a shame to see Caulker sit back on the bench...

For me its Walker....Kaboul......Vertonghen.........BAE

A fit Gallas is going to be an absolute God send come the last months of the season, when we need leadership and experience. Caulker is so young, and has time to make his mark. A few bad games, and it could all go downhill for him. No need to throw him in that deep with the players we have.

Saying that though, Walker could well find himself making way for Kaboul if he doesnt sort himself out sharpish., so Caulker could partner Vertonghen.

I think Chelsea will be looking to attack us down the (our) right, and if Walker gets destroyed, its not good for anyone.

A fit Gallas is going to be an absolute God send come the last months of the season, when we need leadership and experience. Caulker is so young, and has time to make his mark. A few bad games, and it could all go downhill for him. No need to throw him in that deep with the players we have.

Saying that though, Walker could well find himself making way for Kaboul if he doesnt sort himself out sharpish., so Caulker could partner Vertonghen.

I think Chelsea will be looking to attack us down the (our) right, and if Walker gets destroyed, its not good for anyone.
I would agree on Gallas, and I know what you are getting at with Caulker but he has played over 100 games now, Vertonghen has played about 160/170. I'm not saying that they are at the same level, more that I think Caulker is well on his way now, he isn't exactly a raw youth player any more.
I'm liking Verts at LB for now but would think he is better at CB, he loves a burst forward which he can do more from LB.

Also, Hazard v Walker could be interesting, Walker has the pace to get out of jail but we have all seen him lose players now and again. I would imagine if Hazard went at Verts instead he's be less likely to get caught out positionally but more likely to get twisted up/beaten for pace.

A4ofx4BCEAAcPsb.jpg:large

They've all been photoshopped... in the original photo they were all looking away from each other and scowling!

BTW, is it just me, or does Cunt Dempsey look like he's tweeting?

Yeah I heard some people talking about Kaboul replacing Walker at RB when he returns. Definitely an interesting thought. He was solid back there when he played. We have so much depth when healthy at CB. We have more depth there than on any other place on the pitch. This is absolutely shocking for Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom