Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought he did well today, considering his lack of playing time. I would love him to get back to his best, we definitely could do with him at that level.

Agreed. He's only 27 and let's hope he can recover his form of a couple of years ago.

I just wish him and Sissoko would sort out who's doing what. They both seemed to be playing in the same 10m circle yesterday.

Like a few have said I really feel for the guy and its really unlucky but we cannot afford a dm to be injured for two years simple as. Every time hes briefly come back hes looked a shadow of his former self and his legs are gone.
Unfortunately I don't think we are gonna see him at his imperious best again.
Gutted I'll never see him and Dembele absolutely bossing the midfield again, they really were something special for a while.

Big Vic had a market value of £36.8m a year ago according to CIES. These days it's £10.8m. What a huge shame he couldn't stay fit and has had his troubles

Luckily for us, there's plenty of players we can sign who would do the exact same job he done two years ago.

Let's just hope Poch realises Winks isn't a DM.

Luckily for us, there's plenty of players we can sign who would do the exact same job he done two years ago.

Let's just hope Poch realises Winks isn't a DM.

I love the quality Winks shows but we'd be very foolish to fall back on him like we did the peak Dembele years.

Winks is a cracking little player, has really come on leaps and bounds but we need to ensure we get a top player we can rotate him with. Not sure who that can and will be but competition for places is massive and whilst Winks' improvement has saved the club £30m or so we've got to take advantage and not fall back on him too much.

If there is money to be spent we really do need to do so not forgetting that we need to fill a very big Dembele void within the squad

Add me to the "Vic looked good when he came on" pile.

His body might not handle the full 90 right now. But he can still do a good job off the bench when needed.

Good shift from the big man.... Cool finish t'boot.

Didnt envy the Hudders having to face that wall of beef in the middle today.

Delighted to see him play a full game again-could be shop window stuff though sadly:-/
I think if anyone came in for him he would be gone tbh but I would still love to see him back to his best again and staying.
Took his goal so well too.

Given 12 months of CM-moans, I will piss myself laughing if we start next season with Winks/Dier/Sissoko/Skipp and a reborn Wanyama.

Dat wasted keyboard time. :vert:

If he can get through the AFCON unscathed in the summer, then we'll see.

Personally think today was nothing more than a solid performance against one of the worst teams the league has ever seen. Would LOVE to have him available for City though and if he can pull off a performance anywhere near as good as those in 16/17, we have a great chance in the week.

Weight loss is doing him well, I'm sure.

If he can get through the AFCON unscathed in the summer, then we'll see.

Personally think today was nothing more than a solid performance against one of the worst teams the league has ever seen. Would LOVE to have him available for City though and if he can pull off a performance anywhere near as good as those in 16/17, we have a great chance in the week.

Weight loss is doing him well, I'm sure.

Yeh, cries of new dawn are somewhat premature. Just a welcome sight to see him a significantly more mobile again.

Being a squad option for the remainder of the season, itself, could prove massive, but worst case, means he's at least sell-able once more.

Back
Top Bottom