Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I get why he did it, but can’t fathom how he kept Rose in central midfield and not Skipp.

He literally looked like losing the game every time he got the ball

That was very weird.

Especially considering Poch goes on trust and has brought on the likes of Onomah at the Emirates at 1-1 and Winks on at WHL at 1-1 against Liverpool etc. all at 18 years old too.

That was very weird.

Especially considering Poch goes on trust and has brought on the likes of Onomah at the Emirates at 1-1 and Winks on at WHL at 1-1 against Liverpool etc. all at 18 years old too.

Because Amos wasn’t available. The story of Skipp’s season.

That was very weird.

Remember he played Rose in midfield in his first game back away to Real Madrid and did just fine. Those dribbles though, my heart couldn't take them.

You may be right concerning game time this season. Though, if Winks is unavailable for Tuesday we may yet need him again.

I guess time will tell. A full pre-season would be good for him if he is still here as you say. I like big Vic, but if he can't get back to near his best then I feel also it would be time to move him on. A defensive midfielder replacement is vital though imv.

Not sure what the story was with Winks today tbh...

Like Dembele & Sandro before him we simply must make a judgement call as to whether we can consider Vic as a viable option and equip the squad accordingly; regardless of if we can find a buyer for Vic in a timely fashion or not this summer.

Unless it's some kind of utopian hybrid Pirlo/Kante who can boss both sides of our game on his own, then I'm not entirely sure what Poch wants from a midfield right now, so even assuming a core of Sissoko, Winks, Dier, Skipp; system remains a curve-ball in terms of type of CMs required.

I get why he did it, but can’t fathom how he kept Rose in central midfield and not Skipp.

He literally looked like losing the game every time he got the ball

He was fucking shocking in that position to be honest, every time he got the ball he just went on a dribble into trouble.

Not sure what the story was with Winks today tbh...

Like Dembele & Sandro before him we simply must make a judgement call as to whether we can consider Vic as a viable option and equip the squad accordingly; regardless of if we can find a buyer for Vic in a timely fashion or not this summer.

Unless it's some kind of utopian hybrid Pirlo/Kante who can boss both sides of our game on his own, then I'm not entirely sure what Poch wants from a midfield right now, so even assuming a core of Sissoko, Winks, Dier, Skipp; system remains a curve-ball in terms of type of CMs required.
Hip injury for Winks today I read.

Just wish there was another Dembele out there somewhere. One with Goals and assists.

God hasn't created such a man of yet though I fear.

Did no one see it coming, do we actually have a medical staff at the club ?
Why have we been left with FA in CM ??

When did we sign Fanny Adams...?

...Is this the tea-lady we've been hearing about? Get in!:tobyarm:

I thought he started slow but grew into the game and was decent for the intensity of this game. Still believe he can help us at least as a back-up if he remains fit.
I thought he did well. We’ve struggled massively on the second ball all season - Burnley killed us there- but today his positional play in that area was really helpful in dominating the ball for large spells. Control and distribution is still way off but he could be very useful in the run in.

Add me to the Victor did well club. His legs are shot and his speed cut in half but one cannot complain about his effort. As Romanian said he can still do a job as a sub if managed well.

Not saying we should not upgrade if the opportunity presents itself. But Victor can still play a part if handled right.

It just wasn't the game for him, in my opinion.

I have no idea why Pochettino doesn't have the likes of Wanyama (and whoever needs match fitness) to play games with the U23s like Janssen did. It doesn't make sense. Sure it's nowhere near as competitive but match sharpness is KEY especially if you're going to then have to slot straight in to an important NLD ffs.

I think if anything it was match sharpness that hindered Wanyamas game today as opposed to any sort of previous injuries - hopefully he's not feeling it too much and can provide some more depth for the Dortmund and Southampton games.

I thought he did well today, considering his lack of playing time. I would love him to get back to his best, we definitely could do with him at that level.

Back
Top Bottom