Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A thread to welcome our new hero

200w.gif

200w.gif

200w.gif

200w.gif

Wanayama will also be playing for Kenya in September. However, it looks unlikely they will qualify for AFCON 17 finals as they are bottom of the group with one left to play. But they still can.
That is if they beat Zambia in their last match and Congo lose ( or Congo draw & Kenya improve their GD).
We could then be missing Victor from at least 14 January - Feb 5th of next season.

Edit: if he signs

Wanayama will also be playing for Kenya in September. However, it looks unlikely they will qualify for AFCON 17 finals as they are bottom of the group with one left to play. But they still can.
That is if they beat Zambia in their last match and Congo lose ( or Congo draw & Kenya improve their GD).
We could then be missing Victor from at least 14 January - Feb 5th of next season.

Annoying, will he be able to cover the first 4 games when Dembele is absent?

Annoying, will he be able to cover the first 4 games when Dembele is absent?
Well the last qualifying game is on September 3rd. We play Liverpool at home on 27th Aug and then Stoke away, the last of Moose's ban, on 10th September.
So, in theory he could play for us on 27th, fly out, join the squad, train, play the match and be back with us for the 10th. Unless he does an Adebayor

Good signing, we'll have two very competent DM's going into next season. I think this means one or two of Mason, Carroll and Bentaleb are off. I think Alli's future is at cm, so it would make sense not to buy a back-up for Dembele. Would be great if we went out and spend money on a striker and someone for the three behind

Good signing, we'll have two very competent DM's going into next season. I think this means one or two of Mason, Carroll and Bentaleb are off. I think Alli's future is at cm, so it would make sense not to buy a back-up for Dembele. Would be great if we went out and spend money on a striker and someone for the three behind

Agreed on Alli. Right now, Dembele is essential to, but the more Poch manages to put his stamp on the team and we'll hopefully dominate matches, along with Alli maturing at PL-level the more sense, it'll make to have someone like Alli making the deep runs, breaking the lines.

Barring Bayern, Real or Barca away I cannot a CM of Wanyama and Dier, and probably not even in those fixtures. So they'll be slugging it out for one spot. I feel, Wanyama is more than capable as back-up to Dier in DMC. My only concern is whether he's smart enough to know when and how to drop in between Jan and Toby, like Dier does so well. But Poch has signed and trained the lad before, so I'm sure, he knows what he's doing :pochsmirk:

Back
Top Bottom