Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like him as a person and player (two years ago) but he is absolutely done. He has no mobility and that used to be his strength. He is very slow moving the hall and decision making is rusty.

We can’t carry him next year. He is literally like playing with ten men.

He was playing against 3 Ajax players to be fair. Eriksen and dele gave him fuck all support and even sissoko just stood watching him getting surrounded at times.

Terrible performance from him today, Alli and Eriksen's performances didn't help him of course but just wasn't up to par. It's such a shame that it looks like he won't finish his Spurs career on a high, was sensational a couple of seasons ago but will be hard to come back to his best from here.

I can understand why Poch didn't bring him off though, Dier is just too slow (particularly at the moment) for a game like this and it is a bit of a waste of a sub.

I personally thought he was alot better once we got him some support in midfield.

Dier would offer more mobility, but he's got a mistake in him and is badly out of form passing the ball.

Wanyama, somewhat like Llorente further forward, is a limited player who probably has no business in a CL semifinal, but he's professional and he's reliable and we don't really have other options.

I personally thought he was alot better once we got him some support in midfield.
He was crap. But this was largely down to 2 factors 1) He was the only player in midfield, Ajax had their own private rondo session with him (3v1) and he couldn't live with it, He did make some very poor decisions too, as they pulled him out wide many times which created huge gaps for them in the centre of the park. 2) They targeted him, whenever he was on the ball they swamped him usually with 3 players pressing (they also targeted Sanchez too).

He did improve when Sissoko came on and we managed to gain some control in midfield.

Dier would offer more mobility, but he's got a mistake in him and is badly out of form passing the ball.
That's simply not true. Dier had one of the highest pass completion rates on Sat.

If Dier had played instead today I'm guessing the same thing would have happened as until Sissoko came on it was 3v1 in there. They would have pressed Dier too.

He's toast. Can't understand Poch playing him ahead of either Skipp or Dier. The guy's knees have gone, he just trundles around the pitch.
Dier is probably not able to play two games in a week and Skipp really shouldn't even be in the equation, he would have gotten absolutely demolished by Ajax' midfield. Vic was literally our only option.
It's so frustrating. Only Spurs could have arguably the best defensive midfielder in the league in 16/17 (on par with Kante) only for him to turn into Ledley MK2 the following campaign.

I hate to post this after yesterday's heroics, but he was no more than a passenger in the first half.

He's only 27 and I had hoped that he'd be given another chance at getting fully fit. However after yesterday it may be a case of moving on.

You had one stellar season with us, but there's no space for sentiment.

Sorry Vic.

Back
Top Bottom