Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I still hold out hope for him but with each new injury i’m more worried that he’ll be Sandro mk II.

Still liked up at Celtic and that’s basically a rehab league so maybe a swap for Tierney

Some of you lot need to have a bit more faith

Could very well be the next Sandro and crocked but let's remember that many thought that about Lamela.

I even read that Son might never be the same again after his last injury as apparently the issue with his knee or whatnot would stop him from accelerating etc. Didn't look an issue against chavs.

Kane too. Otherwise reasonable posters were all saying injuries had taken their tolll and whilst Kane was still great he was now a different type of player. Guess who is back to bullying defenders with pace and power?

Could very well be the next Sandro and crocked but let's remember that many thought that about Lamela.

I even read that Son might never be the same again after his last injury as apparently the issue with his knee or whatnot would stop him from accelerating etc. Didn't look an issue against chavs.

Kane too. Otherwise reasonable posters were all saying injuries had taken their tolll and whilst Kane was still great he was now a different type of player. Guess who is back to bullying defenders with pace and power?

Don't think any of those had injuries regarding cartilage in their knee.

From what I remember correctly, this is exactly Wanyama's problem. Kane has had his ankle problems (which will always bug him) and Lamela had problems with his hip but the knee is serious business. Even Lamela is probably not even 100% fit and has to be managed carefully, but at least he's somewhat 75% fit. Wanyama is either fit or he's back out injured again.

It's possible that Wanyama can make a recovery from his injury but it's tenuous enough that the club should get/promote a new CM to stand-in for him in the rotation in the meantime.

Recently I keep thinking how sad and unfair the Wanyama situation feels (for him, and for us). He came into the team and had a fucking amazing season, was exactly the CM we are crying out for right now. So harsh that he has been cobbled by his injury. If he had stayed fit we would be in much better shape as a team. It’s gutting really.

It’s a damn shame, I think the best football we’ve played under Poch was with Wanyama/Dembele in front of the back 3 in 16/17 but that player isn’t coming back. He can’t handle two weeks I’d training without breaking down again.

A player with his attributes and style of play needs to be able to stretch, lunge, cover every blade of grass. He can’t do it anymore.

Hypothetically if we were to call him an injury write-off do we typically have some kind of insurance related to paying off his contract in such scenarios... Or do we just take the full hit?

Yes, but the insurance will only operate if Wanyama is assessed by the insurance company doctor as never being able to play football ever again - and if he ever does the insurance company would call 'fraud' and demand the claim money back again, so Wanyama also has to agree to call time on his career.

The claim would be capped/limited to the cost of the player (£11m ?) and medical costs.

Also this assumes that Wanyama (and his medical when he signed) were an acceptable risk when he signed for Spurs, or if not the insurance cover might be limited by whatever the insurance company didn't like at the medical.

For all those reasons, claims for player 'injury write offs' are not that common !

Back
Top Bottom