Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Better player than Kanye, but when people are riding his bandwagon they refuse to get off and look at alternatives. Big Vic is far more versatile and can kick a football too. Kante just runs.

Kanye, Kante, Conte, Cunty...

Who the hell cares, right?

:pochlol:

Better player than Kanye, but when people are riding his bandwagon they refuse to get off and look at alternatives. Big Vic is far more versatile and can kick a football too. Kante just runs.

I actually hope that continues, bit like the Lukaku hype... That way if the Galactico-shoppers like RM & BM come sniffing we won't be their first port of call...

Bossed Ndidi & Amartey in the first half and they are both physical beasts. I keep saying it but he's been such a suprise to me I thought he was just a beast and nothing else. You can see why Poch loves him, strong, fast, committed & has improved game by game.

Always knew he was great at breaking up play, but his composure under pressure has really taken me by suprise. He's also a big game player, always puts in performances against the top teams (Chelsea 2-0 springs to mind)

I can't understand people that say we had a bad window because of Sissoko and Jansen etc.

If we sign a player as good as big Vic every season we'll be world beaters

I can't understand people that say we had a bad window because of Sissoko and Jansen etc.

If we sign a player as good as big Vic every season we'll be world beaters
He's an absolute beast. Got more in his locker than Kante too. Scores more for a start.

Absolute steal at £11m, must be one of the best signings in PL last season, certainly best value.

He's an absolute beast. Got more in his locker than Kante too. Scores more for a start.

Absolute steal at £11m, must be one of the best signings in PL last season, certainly best value.
He is 25, he could play at this level for another 8 years. Furthermore, unlike players like Ali, we might actually be able to keep him.
If we can keep hold of Big Vic and the 'ones of our own' I think we can survive losing Poch in 2-3 seasons

Always knew he was great at breaking up play, but his composure under pressure has really taken me by suprise. He's also a big game player, always puts in performances against the top teams (Chelsea 2-0 springs to mind)
& not 1 red card! Which most of us thought he would get.
He is a bit more smarter in the tackle.

& not 1 red card! Which most of us thought he would get.
He is a bit more smarter in the tackle.
do you know when our last PL red card was (during the game, not retrospective)

and do you know the last one that was given to a player currently at the club that wasnt rescinded?

The 2nd part is not a quiz, I genuinely dont know.

do you know when our last PL red card was (during the game, not retrospective)

and do you know the last one that was given to a player currently at the club that wasnt rescinded?

The 2nd part is not a quiz, I genuinely dont know.
We don't seem to get many reds at all.
I can't think of any PL reds this season.
But I remember the alli CL wembley one.

Nope! can't remember our last league red card? Who was it?

I think the last PL red card was just over 2 years ago, Chiriches at Stoke, 0-3. An awful day that I managed to avoid. Lucky, as I went to the wins, 2-1 and then 4-0 last season.

I think Naughton picked up one that season, v Wet Spam. Ditto Fatsio.

In the AVB/Gilet Tim car crash season, Rose got a red v Citeh, wrongly as it was rescinded. Paulinho and Kaboul got reds.

I cant be bothered to go back to 2012-13. It may be that we have no one in the club who has got an unrescinded red card during a PL match. Which is quite an achievement for such a dirty team! Good, we must be getting smart.

Let's be honest here, Kante is the better player
I disagree. Kante was excellent last year and largely good this.

But the exploits of his team this year created this narrative that was largely false, that he carried 2 sides to consecutive PL titles. Leicester, yes. Chelsea, no. Azpilicueta's consistency and Hazards brilliance were far more influential. Kante wasn't the Player of the Year by a long way. But he's the media darling currently.

That and Wanyama outshone Kante whenever they played.

There is not a lot to choose between either.

Back
Top Bottom