Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wish him all the best, what a beast he was in that first season.

I just hope the reason he only made 97 appearances for us in 3.5 years is only because of devastating injuries and not because he lied about his age.

I wish him all the best, what a beast he was in that first season.

I just hope the reason he only made 97 appearances for us in 3.5 years is only because of devastating injuries and not because he lied about his age.

Interesting and not entirely impossible.

Joash Onyango is Kenyan and apparently 27 years old...

thumbnail

Levy fucked up on him and Eriksen, should have set reasonable demands for both in the summer.

A deal for Wanyama was agreed with Club Bruges in the summer for £12m with Wanyama getting £65k pw (£3m pa) on a longer contract (3 years ?) than at Spurs, the manager at Bruges being an old team mate of his. But Wanyama let the offer lapse.

That's a very reasonable offer turned down by Wanyama, after 2-3 years not playing football at Spurs and we've paid him £6m - £9m for the privilege.

A deal for Wanyama was agreed with Club Bruges in the summer for £12m with Wanyama getting £65k pw (£3m pa) on a longer contract (3 years ?) than at Spurs, the manager at Bruges being an old team mate of his. But Wanyama let the offer lapse.

That's a very reasonable offer turned down by Wanyama, after 2-3 years not playing football at Spurs and we've paid him £6m - £9m for the privilege.
I'm pleased he is gone and I don't really have great memories about him.
That screw up in the Chelsea game still bugs me.

I'm pleased he is gone and I don't really have great memories about him.
That screw up in the Chelsea game still bugs me.

Just think he totally outstayed his welcome

Had a reasonable number of offers to move on to clubs playing less intensive football which would have suited his medical condition better but chose not to - the Club Bruges one in the summer being a classic, which is why Poch accused him of treating Spurs as a charity

According to an interview in the Athletic we can add Wanyama to the list of players that claims that Pochettino stopped talking to him. He claims that instead of being given reasons for not playing/being told that he was not in his plans and could move on/ was not told what he should work on Poch kept ducking him instead. And the coaches just told him to "be patient".

No ill will towards the club as a whole but he felt that he needed to go to play football.

I think we all know that Vic was physically not up to it anymore. But he deserved an honest explanation and at least the blessing to start looking for a new club sooner.

Back
Top Bottom