Var poll yay or nay

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you want VAR in the game?

• Yes

Votes: 90 56.6%
  • No

Votes: 69 43.4%

• Total voters
As technology improves surely it can be done in real time and eliminate linesmen? Some weird buzzer goes off when it's an offside 😂
Don't see the point of assistant refs when there's VAR operating, they have been hamstrung and rendered redundant.
If you have to have someone on the field of play, think it might be better to have a ref in each half of the pitch, so they have less ground to cover and they can keep up with play more efficiently.

It doesn't help that the laws keep changing every season, either. When I went to school, the hand was that appendage at the end of your arm, in football it's the whole limb up to and including the shoulder! Maybe next year, they'll call it 'armball'!!!!
The more complicated the rules, the harder it is to implicate them correctly.

This poll continues to be a stubborn reflection of the Brexit poll (currently 49/51 against VAR).

I'm starting to believe that if the British public are asked to make a simple yes/no decision, it's written in the stars that they'll fuck it up.

Don't see the point of assistant refs when there's VAR operating, they have been hamstrung and rendered redundant.
If you have to have someone on the field of play, think it might be better to have a ref in each half of the pitch, so they have less ground to cover and they can keep up with play more efficiently.
Great idea - and you could also have another official on the goalline, just to make sure that......

...hold on...

...erm...

...maybe not.

Edit: You clearly understand that the main reason we have officials is to make mistakes and get in the way, so the more the merrier.

Wouldn’t it be quicker for each dubious decision to be sent to the House of Parliament for them to discuss

I'd prefer the voice of Adolf Hitler. Then a cheesewire shoots across the pitch at neck height, so he'd better stop running or get decapitated. What's German for offside?

Too late, I googled it - Abseits Schweinhund.

Don’t mention the VAR

This poll continues to be a stubborn reflection of the Brexit poll (currently 49/51 against VAR).

I'm starting to believe that if the British public are asked to make a simple yes/no decision, it's written in the stars that they'll fuck it up.

We clearly need a forum of national unity led by a Varmainer until a confirmatory second vote which will not contain the option to say that VAR is shit.

At this present moment in time, yay.
But being objective you can see why City would be incandescent at that decision, but there were plenty more VAR moments this season.
Guardiola’s post match interview will be a hoot...

Back
Top Bottom