van Persie

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tricky said:
Actually, technically he 'wasn't proved guilty', it is only inference that he was by default 'not guilty'. You can still be guilty of the offence even if it is never proven in a court.
This is crucial, in my opinion. His case, if I understand, never came to court—he was arrested under suspicion, but then the state decided not to press charges, for whatever reason (lack of evidence, potential credibility issues regarding the accuser, etc.).

But consider: when is the last time a professional athlete got done for rape? In comparison to athletes who are accused and have a case that never comes to trial?

Sexual assault remains a serious and underreported crime, and moving forward on accusations is outstandingly difficult, especially when the defendant is someone with a high-profile—just like a professional athlete, who could always argue on the stand that he's an athlete, he has tons of women who would eagerly fuck him. Why would he bother raping a woman? OTOH, he's also a professional athlete, and they have massive egos and outlandish senses of entitlement…

So while I believe in the rights of the accused to be considered not guilty until proven so in a court of law, the fact that he was even arrested means, to me, in Flav's delicious bon mot, that he has a stink of it on him.

The stink implies that the guy is slime, as I wrote earlier. And that's the case before he pulls on his football shirt, no matter the badge on it. No thanks. A Spurs title is not worth that.

But consider: when is the last time a professional athlete got done for rape? In comparison to athletes who are accused and have a case that never comes to trial?

watch this space:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-16631651

But it is difficult, because in the current society (and I use that term losely to include the red tops which are as complicit in creating the problem as they are reporting on it) when scumbags like max clifford's client base can extract thousands of pounds from clients from kiss and tell, and as such the professional athelete will pay to keep their name out of the very same publications due to 'trial by media', it is difficult to add real interpretation to the issue of 'consent'.

And for the record shouting 'surprise' first isn't a sufficient defence, despite what people might have heard.

Flannerz said:
Isn't it a bit small time not wanting to sign someone because they played for a rival club. One of the reason we're doing so well is Redknapp has bypased that and signed Gallas and Adebayor who improved our team. The scum signed our best player on a free quite a few years ago, would be sweet revenge to do it to those cunts

Yeah but it would smack of ethics NOT to sign a suspected rapist!
Guilty or not, he, like his Denis-Nielsen-look-a-like-Paedo-fucking manager before him ooze 'rapey'.... I don't think for one minute he'd get convicted, he's too rich/famous, and the system is too corrupt for THAT to happen... but the guy smacks of WRONG!

At least Sol's only 'crime' was that he might be a little bit closet gay... but to be fair to the cunt, he probably isn't even that!

While it may not be technically a crime in the legal sense, what "Sol" <bleurgh> did was fucking atrocious and unforgivable and should be illegal.

What about the crime of treachory? I'm sure it's at the very least a deadly sin (greed, gluttony), and breaks a number of commandments (honour thy father and they mother, aka, the club that developed you, and 'do not covet thy neighbour's ...something).

He may not be in prison, but he is damn sure going to Hell.

nick_thfc_ said:
While it may not be technically a crime in the legal sense, what "Sol" <bleurgh> did was fucking atrocious and unforgivable and should be illegal.

What about the crime of treachory? I'm sure it's at the very least a deadly sin (greed, gluttony), and breaks a number of commandments (honour thy father and they mother, aka, the club that developed you, and 'do not covet thy neighbour's ...something).

He may not be in prison, but he is damn sure going to Hell.

...and Wenger will be driving the bus! Surrounded by his under-9's cocksucking entourage!

1882 said:
Flannerz said:
Isn't it a bit small time not wanting to sign someone because they played for a rival club. One of the reason we're doing so well is Redknapp has bypased that and signed Gallas and Adebayor who improved our team. The scum signed our best player on a free quite a few years ago, would be sweet revenge to do it to those cunts

Guilty or not, he, like his Denis-Nielsen-look-a-like-Paedo-fucking manager before him ooze 'rapey'.... I don't think for one minute he'd get convicted, he's too rich/famous, and the system is too corrupt for THAT to happen... but the guy smacks of WRONG!

At least Sol's only 'crime' was that he might be a little bit closet gay... but to be fair to the cunt, he probably isn't even that!

yeah but the cunt still owes me £2,80 for the pie & chips i threw at him when he drove out of totteridge golf club!!..

i got another idea that'll really piss the gooners off!!!!

check this!

let's steal their colours!

no hear me out... if we start playing in red & white next season they won't know what's hit them! they'll have to wear yellow when they play us, the lilly-livered scum. that'll hurt them. fucking genius idea or what?

and... and... how about we usurp their cannon? imagine how hurt they'll be when we've got a cannon on our left breast. but ours can be bigger and better. that'll show them! that'll hurt them!

or... or... how about this one? let's get white hart lane sponsored by these guys:

http://www.emirates.com/

that'll really piss the gooners off, big style! they'll probably get less sponsorship money as a result...

back of the net!

"we are tottenham, we are tottenham, we are tottenham from the emirates..."

or... or.... or.... tottenham's developed a reputation for guns, gangs, firearms and shit in recent years... so why don't we just go the whole fucking hog and steal their name too. i mean Woolwich is so appropriate for the area now? and we could all be gunners!

imagine how that would hurt them!

get in there!

vomit.gif

ZoC said:

check this!

no hear me out... if we start playing in red & white next season they won't know what's hit them! they'll have to wear yellow when they play us, the lilly-livered scum. that'll hurt them. fucking genius idea or what?

and... and... how about we usurp their cannon? imagine how hurt they'll be when we've got a cannon on our left breast. but ours can be bigger and better. that'll show them! that'll hurt them!

or... or... how about this one? let's get white hart lane sponsored by these guys:

that'll really piss the gooners off, big style! they'll probably get less sponsorship money as a result...

back of the net!

or... or.... or.... tottenham's developed a reputation for guns, gangs, firearms and shit in recent years... so why don't we just go the whole fucking hog and steal their name too. i mean a***nal is so appropriate for the area now? and we could all be gunners!

get in there!

Not really comparable is it? Not funny either

ZoC said:

check this!

back of the net!

or... or.... or.... tottenham's developed a reputation for guns, gangs, firearms and shit in recent years... so why don't we just go the whole fucking hog and steal their name too. i mean a***nal is so appropriate for the area now? and we could all be gunners!

get in there!

Ha ha, love this! Nail on the head

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

57 varieties said:
1882 said:
Flannerz said:

yeah but the cunt still owes me £2,80 for the pie & chips i threw at him when he drove out of totteridge golf club!!..

Thats the first time I've laughed in about 30hrs. Thanks and welcome

Truth is, though, that we're where we are thanks to ex-Gooner players. It might hurt to admit it but without them, we'd probably still be in the pack below, struggling for fourth.

Is it worth taking another one to get the title? I'm completely torn about it because I know we'd have more than a chance at the title.

On the balance, I'd say no. We've had one captain of Woolwich playing for us (& playing well) but to take potentially the last great player (& rapist or not, he is great) of the Wenger era would be a step too far.

What seals it for me is the mental image of him scoring against ANY team other than Woolwich & thumping the badge (& you know he fucking would). Makes me sick to even think about.

Victory shouldn't come at any cost - it should be done the Tottenham Hotspur way. That doesn't just mean on the pitch, but in terms of the deals that are done to decide who wears the Lilywhite.

cutlass said:
What seals it for me is the mental image of him scoring against ANY team other than a***nal & thumping the badge (& you know he fucking would). Makes me sick to even think about.

Victory shouldn't come at any cost - it should be done the Tottenham Hotspur way. That doesn't just mean on the pitch, but in terms of the deals that are done to decide who wears the Lilywhite.

In fairness that's very well put

Back
Top Bottom