van Persie

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ZoC said:
Funkapuss said:
I agree with Ron Burgandy, big clubs like to fuck over their smaller rivals by poaching their best players. It would be a nightmare scenario for any Gooner and we'd have a world class striker, I don't understand the negativity. Well, I guess I do, it's passionate tribalism, but it's totally irrational imo.

of course it is.... when woz supporting football anything but?

Following a football team is irrational, I'd agree with that. But having made the initial step, why does it necessarily follow that all subsequent judgements must also be so?

Do you, or do you not want Tottenham to win?
Would RVP not significantly improve our side?
Would RVP not be the biggest signing we had made in recent memory, and a massive statement of intent?
Would RVP coming to Spurs signal a massive shift in momentum between the teams?
Would it also not p*ss off Woolwich fans more than any other transfer?

So what you're saying is that even after all the above, the answer to all of which is undoubtedly a resounding "yes", your preference would still be that you wouldn't want him?

There's no right or wrong here, of course, ultimately it's about enjoying yourself at a game, and if the pros outweigh the cons it's not for me to tell you otherwise. But I have to say I find it surprising that people are so caught up in a rivalry that you'd be so prepared to negatively impact your own on the basis of principle.

Woolwich didn't do that when they signed Campbell, and they massively swung the balance in their favour. He wanted to stay in London, and had he not gone there he might have stayed at Spurs - imagine him and Ledley at the back for 5 years, we'd have been awesome. As it was we got Dean Richards and were shit for a while. Would you not be prepared to swallow your pride for the sake of the club? I know you'll all say something like "I'd rather my mum was .......", but just think about it for a moment.

Personal choice really, but I know for sure which way I'd go.

fuck the scum and how they conduct themselves and all their cunt fans and all their cunt players

sure they stole cuntball off us because they're some stealing pikey cunts, fact is RVP wouldn't ever come to Tottenham so fuck him and them and fuck this hypothetical bullshit scenario

RVP can eat a dirty dick, he needs to hurry up and do his fucking ankle again

Going back to the original context of the question, and this deal has happened already - am I happy?

No - because he's a cunt. But I would still cheer if he scored a goal, because when all is said and done, so am I.

ron burgundy said:
Thelonious said:
You're barking up the wrong tree mate. :harrylol:

The hatred is very deep.

I get that.

But what is clear from the choices above is that the hatred for a***nal is deeper than the passion for Spurs
You're trying to use logic with a group of adults on a website talking about millionaires that kick a ball around on the weekend. We're fucked in the head for even liking football this much, not to mention the damage that is done by supporting Spurs in particular.

Yeah, fair enough.

I do get where you guys are coming from. I just personally would prefer to get the guy - would be an incredible coup. Not going to happen though, so it's hypothetical nonsense!

Personally I think it is a slippery slope wanting a Goon to play for us. IMHO it panders to the "win at all costs" mentality that is so prevalent at Citeh,Chelscum and the Arse. No respect for what our club is, what it stands for and the traditions of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

It is not a great leap from there to the "we need a benefactor" ideal of Citeh and then we are truly fucked.

My football club should recognize that we are who we are, not actively try and shit all over those of us that love the shirt by trying to bring a Goon, and a rapist Goon at that, to our club.

mdiver said:
Personally I think it is a slippery slope wanting a Goon to play for us. IMHO it panders to the "win at all costs" mentality that is so prevalent at Citeh,Chelscum and the Arse. No respect for what our club is, what it stands for and the traditions of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

It is not a great leap from there to the "we need a benefactor" ideal of Citeh and then we are truly fucked.

My football club should recognize that we are who we are, not actively try and shit all over those of us that love the shirt by trying to bring a Goon, and a rapist Goon at that, to our club.

For the record, I absolutely would not want a billionaire to rip the soul out of the club. We agree on that part at least.

Not really fair to call him a rapist though, the guy was proved not guilty

coalhada said:
ron burgundy said:
He paid the plaintiff off in an out-of-court settlement, preventing it going to trial.

It's an open and shut case...

...pity the same can't be said about her legs and mouth... one was forced open, and the other was paid to stay shut!!

....say it ain't so Robin!!!!

Nah, ignore my previous post - I was thinking of a different footballer.
The injury-prone goon was indeed cleared. Although he did pass out in prison because "it was hot". An early sign of how easily he gets knacked, perhaps.

Van Persie stinks of rape. I'm not saying he is a rapist, but he stinks of it. Look at him.

Stinks of it.

ron burgundy said:
mdiver said:

For the record, I absolutely would not want a billionaire to rip the soul out of the club. We agree on that part at least.

Actually, technically he 'wasn't proved guilty', it is only inference that he was by default 'not guilty'. You can still be guilty of the offence even if it is never proven in a court.

It may sound like a small point, but an important one considering the guy is a 'boraderline rapist' along with every other profesisonal footballer.

Plus, I prefer to think of him being 'not proven guilty' whilst introducing his smug face to a paving slab, it adds to the justification. Although I think I need to lay off the cheese before bedtime.

Isn't it a bit small time not wanting to sign someone because they played for a rival club. One of the reason we're doing so well is Redknapp has bypased that and signed Gallas and Adebayor who improved our team. The scum signed our best player on a free quite a few years ago, would be sweet revenge to do it to those cunts

I'm torn, it'd sicken me seeing him wear our shirt but he'd be our best striker since Klinsmann. I'd rather this never came to pass.

Gallas and Adebayor have improved our team but it's a sad state of affairs we even needed either of them.

Back
Top Bottom