van Persie

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would I want one of the best attackers in the world to join the team I support, bearing in mind that my team is seriously short of attackers?

Errr, yes. I don't care if he's played for Woolwich, if a player wants to play for us I'm all for it. Do you think Woolwich fans cared about Campbell's past?

I feel the same about Ade, he showed a desire to play for us, which is good enough for me

yes, great fucking idea... and while we're at it, when 'arry fucks off to manage england, let's get arsene wenger in as manager. things aren't working out for him at Woolwich, and he's got experience of overseeing the construction of new stadia... which'll come in handy.... and don't forget bring pat rice too, and liam brady as youth team manager...

stupid cunts. just fuck off and support Woolwich.

ZoC said:
yes, great fucking idea... and while we're at it, when 'arry fucks off to manage england, let's get arsene wenger in as manager. things aren't working out for him at a***nal, and he's got experience of overseeing the construction of new stadia... which'll come in handy.... and don't forget bring pat rice too, and liam brady as youth team manager...

stupid cunts. just fuck off and support a***nal.

So I'm a stupid cunt because I'd be happy for RVP - one of the best strikers in the world - to join us?

I'll ask again, do you think Woolwich fans cared that Campbell had played for us? Of course not.

I'll phrase it another way, which might strike a chord wit you - which club, more than any other, do you think Woolwich would hate RVP to go to? It would surely be us.

Does that not count for anything with you? Personally it doesn't matter for shit with me. I don't care about Woolwich, I only care about Spurs.

By refusing to sign RVP you'd be cutting your nose to spite your face. You'd be letting a personal grievance get in the way of improving the team.

p.s. thanks for calling me a cunt - your post was really well argued, and highly insightful

Apparently he undermimed Wenger yesterday, when he subbed of oxade-whatshisface for arshavin he got the hump and mouthed/jesticulated NOOOOO! at the bench.

Never seen this before in a game.

...hopefully we'll see a lot more!

I reckon it would just be worth putting in a bid, to fuck with his mind... (agree with whoever said it would be like Chelsea having done it to Modric, they effectively helped cost us 6 points at the start of the season... clever, very clever!)

The ArseAnal link is there, but RvP didn't grow up in London, and join ArseAnal as a 12 year old (much as Wenger imagines him as one when knocking one out to the upside-down open-mouthed RvP tattoo on his abdomen) ...I digress, the point is, Campbell WAS one of ours... and they stole him from us... RvP is most probably Ajax (isn't he? though knowing him, he's probably Feyenoord... they seem despicable enough for him to support!)

ron burgundy said:
p.s. thanks for calling me a cunt - your post was really well argued, and highly insightful

sorry for being so hard on u, ron. god know wot living in occupied territories, surrounded by gooner scum and their graven images, does to ur mental well-being.

I agree with Ron Burgandy, big clubs like to fuck over their smaller rivals by poaching their best players. It would be a nightmare scenario for any Gooner and we'd have a world class striker, I don't understand the negativity. Well, I guess I do, it's passionate tribalism, but it's totally irrational imo.

I am quite up for this bidding for players at our "rivals" and making it known publically just to upset the apple cart it is done to us so why not

Can do RVP, Berbatov, Lumphard, Stevie G .. and hey why not Messi and Ronaldo as well- nothing to lose ..but knowing out luck any bid for Torres would be accepted

I agree with ZoC. Spend a lifetime surrounded by gooners, having it rammed down your throat constantly and then see if you want one of their scum players playing in a white shirt then? Not that it matters any more. Our tradition has already be sold down the river by the Adebayor and Gallas signings. Signing players directly from Woolwich is a sacrilege to the traditions of the club. But as long as we win a trophy though right.... yeah, nice one.

waccy said:
I guess if RvP went elsewhere first then came to us everyone might be more forgiving...
I would not want him at the club because he was once allegedly a reprehensible human being even before putting on a shirt. That sort of ish trumps team loyalty.

they've signed a lot more spurs players than we have Woolwich. Not sure why that is and obviously the two biggest names were Cuntball and Jennings but there have been quite a few others that have made the transition and been successful. They don't seem to have the same issue with the possibility as we do.

Éperons said:
drwinston001 said:
They don't seem to have the same issue with the possibility as we do.
They probably consider it poaching from a small-time feeder club.

Exactly. We would be penalising ourselves by letting that kind of emotion get in the way.

I don't understand the logic - you don't like it that 'Spend a lifetime surrounded by gooners, having it rammed down your throat constantly', and yet you wouldn't want to take their best player off them? A player that would potentially take us up a level in terms of quality?

How many chances has Ade missed this year that RVP would have buried? What better way to ram it down their throat than have their former best player propel you to another year above them?

I just don't get it. Re: Gallas and Ade, they've been brilliant for us. Remember how well Gallas played when we won 3-2 at the Emirates last year? You don't think that alone was worth signing him?

My perspective is always Spurs first - if it makes us better, then I don't care which club he's come from. I can't understand how you'd want to potentially weaken the team over an irrational emotion, however strong it might be.

Éperons said:
waccy said:
I guess if RvP went elsewhere first then came to us everyone might be more forgiving...
I would not want him at the club because he was once allegedly a reprehensible human being even before putting on a shirt. That sort of ish trumps team loyalty.

The word is "shit", does your Mum edit your posts?

Funkapuss said:
I agree with Ron Burgandy, big clubs like to fuck over their smaller rivals by poaching their best players. It would be a nightmare scenario for any Gooner and we'd have a world class striker, I don't understand the negativity. Well, I guess I do, it's passionate tribalism, but it's totally irrational imo.

of course it is.... when woz supporting football anything but?

i think there is a happy medium here, buy him off Woolwich, stick him in the special reserves team, and send them to play in deep dark russia, and if he refuses keep fining him. (the reserves have to wear special kits as well dont want him tarnishing the shirt)

expensive yes
but would put a smile on my face

Back
Top Bottom