Van der Vaart - A bit of self-promotion

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A quick google search has revealed one website quote EA player player performance say.....

V Wigan - Parker covered the most ground followed by Bale and Ade
V Liverpool - Parker
v Blackburn - dunno
v Wolves Bale

I know he didt play against Wolves and only had a half against Liverpool but it seems the same players are always in the mix, not a mention of VDV in the reports I can find.

Anyway, my point was, you can prove anything with stats cant you?

I love those "ground covered" stats, but rarely see them published anywhere.
The channel showing the game on Sunday, though, did their usual half-time stats summary, and VdV had covered the most ground.

Here's a random stat...Van der Vaart has the highest shooting accuracy in the Premier League this season (79%), with 15 of his 19 shots hitting the mark.

Leroy Mamrtin said:
Here's my random stat:

I'd happily be the meat in the middle of a Rafa/Sylvie Sandwich.

That's not a stat.
This is, though - 99% of Spurs fans would happily be the meat in the middle of a Rafa/Sylvie Sandwich.
100% of Spurs fans would happily be the meat in the middle of a Rafa/Kranjcar Sandwich.

I can't stand up.

New Stat:
1% of Spurs fans are gay if they don't want to be the meat in the middle of a Rafa/Sylvie sandwich.
0% of Spurs fans are not gay for wanting to be the meat in the middle of a Rafa/Kranjcar sandwich.

Too quote Spooky or Flav or maybe all of the panel - Is Rafa world class? Yes. Do we have to play all our world class players? Yes.

Defoe and Lennon are not world class and he plays ahead of them when fit. Like Ledley must play if he is fit, even if that is one game in ten this year.

Fuck all this shit, just wait for the song that someone emailed in from South Africa at the end of the podcast this week.

Leroy Mamrtin said:
New Stat:
1% of Spurs fans are gay if they don't want to be the meat in the middle of a Rafa/Sylvie sandwich.
0% of Spurs fans are not gay for wanting to be the meat in the middle of a Rafa/Kranjcar sandwich.

Ahh, nice use of the null hypothesis. Well done Leroy.

Nice one Windy!

"The winner will get a Spurs shirt, nrs 2 & 3 a prize pack!"

:vdv:

EDIT: Windy was 2 or 3.

JwYNF7j71qfeudooMAKHpLizo1_500.png

Ohh, friends. Football Friends!

Back
Top Bottom