Uploading photos?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As a newbie to this site, can someone tell me how I can upload pictures/photo's to a thread?
Cheers

------------------------------------------------
Added instructions below - Admin Admin

Go to http://imgur.com/

Click the Upload images button at the top.

Click Browse your computer in the popup.

Select the image you want to upload.

Click Start upload

When it's done it will give you a few options in the sidebar to the right. Copy the text in the BBCode (message boards & forums) box. It will look something like this:

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/HDyfhweH.jpg[/img]

Paste that whole line of code into your post on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a newbie to this site, can someone tell me how I can upload pictures/photo's to a thread?
Cheers
Thanks for asking, I'm not a newbie,,but im a technophobe and have no idea how to do this either, videos and photos......I've only just learnt how to change the little picture to the left

Go to http://imgur.com/

Click the Upload images button at the top.

Click Browse your computer in the popup.

Select the image you want to upload.

Click Start upload

When it's done it will give you a few options in the sidebar to the right. Copy the text in the BBCode (message boards & forums) box. It will look something like this:

Code:

Paste that whole line of code into your post on the forum.

Thanks Case, much appreciated and now I'll know next time I need to use this.
Maybe you could help also with another issue.....the Avatar to the left. I had no problem initially uploading a photo to this. However, I uploaded the incorrect photo so tried to change it, but had no luck. I can (as you can see) delete the old picture but when I then browse to the new picture I want to use it uploads the original picture every time.....even though the path I have browsed to is correct for the new picture location?? So I gave up! Any thoughts?

Thanks Case, much appreciated and now I'll know next time I need to use this.
Maybe you could help also with another issue.....the Avatar to the left. I had no problem initially uploading a photo to this. However, I uploaded the incorrect photo so tried to change it, but had no luck. I can (as you can see) delete the old picture but when I then browse to the new picture I want to use it uploads the original picture every time.....even though the path I have browsed to is correct for the new picture location?? So I gave up! Any thoughts?

Just upload your new one. It might not change at first but will show the new one eventually.

I cache all the images on the site so it stores your old one until the cache gets cleared (which I think happens once a day).

Last edited:
A bit off-topic ... but Admin Admin , I need your assistance please.

Does it take a while for your profile pic to change or something, like for server refreshing?

Somehow my profile pic got changed (it's showing a stadium cockerel image). I tried changing it back to my original pic (of Lloris), but the pic doesn't change. When I appear in some thread, it still shows the cockeral. But when I click on my profile, it shows Lloris.

A bit off-topic ... but Admin Admin , I need your assistance please.

Does it take a while for your profile pic to change or something, like for server refreshing?

Somehow my profile pic got changed (it's showing a stadium cockerel image). I tried changing it back to my original pic (of Lloris), but the pic doesn't change. When I appear in some thread, it still shows the cockeral. But when I click on my profile, it shows Lloris.
Yea all images are cached. Gets refreshed overnight, I think. It'll change.

I am being a bit special and can't upload pictures still. Is there an issue as I am trying to do it on the android app?
The app shouldn't effect it but might be worth trying it in your standard phone browser.

You need to go to imgur.com to upload the picture and then follow the instructions. It will give you a link to add to your post here.

The app shouldn't effect it but might be worth trying it in your standard phone browser.

You need to go to imgur.com to upload the picture and then follow the instructions. It will give you a link to add to your post here.
Thanks. Must be something I am doing wrong as it will only either let me share it on whatsapp etc or when I do get a url it shows as a broken link. I will try on the laptop tonight if I can remember my password for the forum

Thanks. Must be something I am doing wrong as it will only either let me share it on whatsapp etc or when I do get a url it shows as a broken link. I will try on the laptop tonight if I can remember my password for the forum
The link you need to use will look something like this...

Code:

So it appears in the img tags and has the file extension (.jpg in this example
B] in this example.
, could be .png or .gif depending on the type of image file you have uploaded)

Trying to update my profile picture from a PC but it's not having any of it at the moment. Any ideaor why or is it that TFC just won't let Paulinho go...
It will switch to the new one eventually mate. All the images are cached so once a day (I think it is) they get refreshed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom