Ugo Ehiogu

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do hope that was an accidental click berko_kev

ugo.jpg

Interesting 'take' on the tragic news from Martin Keown;
Remembering Ugo Ehiogu: He was everybody's friend' Martin Keown - Former Woolwich defender;
"Ugo Ehiogu was a mountain of a man, very strong but very unassuming away from the football pitch. He was everybody's friend, loved a chat, loved football.
It's such a shame and for Tottenham, I think this could have an affect on the players."

I know the Spurs medical team worked to keep him alive and it's just so tragic.

Interesting that he would choose to use such a tragedy to try and play 'mind games' with the Spurs players...
it's almost as if the ex-Gooner in him couldn't quite help himself to take advantage of an opportunity!

...well if he can... we can...

So how about this?
The Spurs players will remember Ugo's life, and memory, and use that as inspiration, summoning up a determination to go that extra mile, to do it for him and to make sure nothing and nobody gets in the way of that...
This is bigger than petty mind games. We're doing this for Ugo's memory, and legacy... try competing against that mindset!

COYS.
...FOR UGO.

It's odd, I was googling him early last week, I've no idea why as I didn't follow him as a player, I was just wondering what he was upto. I didn't know he was at Spurs. Then I forgot about him until I opened the paper on Friday morning to learn he had died.
RIP Ugo. Let's win the title in your honor.

Video doesn't work outside of Oz.
Ah bugger, don't know if I will be able to find it anywhere else. Essentially it's an Australian football analysis show, they had Darren Lewis on as they do every week and he began to discuss it and talks about it while they play clips of his career as well as pictures of him and Bosnich. Bosnich comes back on the screen and you can see he has been crying and attempts to give a tribute but he is choked up by tears but continues to say it's 'hard to talk about it when its someone you sat next to for seven years, one of the best centre backs I've played with and as good as any man I ever knew, may he rest in peace.'

'Good as any man I ever knew' | Fox Sports Videos
Another tribute, this time from Mark Bosnich who played with him at Villa. This hit particularly hard because as any Aussies on here would know Bozza is always full of energy and its very strange to see him not laughing, but rather with eyes full of tears.
What, like this you mean?
Screen+Shot+2013-07-29+at+10.17.45+AM.png

Gotta be honest, many on here don't have much time for 'fun-loving' Bozza these days!!
I'm sure he is very upset... so was Merson, Merse may be many things, but even he never did that to us during his career!!

What, like this you mean?
Screen+Shot+2013-07-29+at+10.17.45+AM.png

Gotta be honest, many on here don't have much time for 'fun-loving' Bozza these days!!
I'm sure he is very upset... so was Merson, Merse may be many things, but even he never did that to us during his career!!
Fair enough, but he has said in response to that he wasn't aware of the Jewish links to our club and he did it because we were calling him a German bastard etc. Which could be bullshit but I can see how because I know a lot of football fans down here and only one or two actually realise the Jewish links. Still not on don't get me wrong no matter who it was against but he was also probably high as shit on coke at the time knowing him.

Anyway, beside the point of this thread.

Fair enough, but he has said in response to that he wasn't aware of the Jewish links to our club and he did it because we were calling him a German bastard etc. Which could be bullshit but I can see how because I know a lot of football fans down here and only one or two actually realise the Jewish links. Still not on don't get me wrong no matter who it was against but he was also probably high as shit on coke at the time knowing him.

Anyway, beside the point of this thread.
It's pretty offensive to Germans too (if that was his sole reason for doing it)
Anyway, you're right... back to the thread...

Due to football having so much money, and some of the less-than-innocently-rich people now involved in it, it does make you wonder whether it might become more common for teams who threaten to upset the balance to suddenly have players/staff get ill or otherwise.

It's not a suggestion that it's the case here, more so that Ugo's collapse has certainly made me think about the potential for corruption in football. I'm sure some of the less enterprising rich people have done some dirty tricks for far less financial risk before now (Lasagne-gate anyone?)

Due to football having so much money, and some of the less-than-innocently-rich people now involved in it, it does make you wonder whether it might become more common for teams who threaten to upset the balance to suddenly have players/staff get ill or otherwise.

It's not a suggestion that it's the case here, more so that Ugo's collapse has certainly made me think about the potential for corruption in football. I'm sure some of the less enterprising rich people have done some dirty tricks for far less financial risk before now (Lasagne-gate anyone?)

Jesus... it's football... not the Russian Mafia.... oh, hang on!

Jesus... it's football... not the Russian Mafia.... oh, hang on!
Maybe it's just the high expectations & levels of pressure involved in the game these days. I get high blood pressure just watching as a fan. Imagine the emotional pressure involved if it's your neck on the line & all the physical exertion in training sessions to try and get things just right. It must be a very intensive & stressful environment at times, when the stakes are so high.

Back
Top Bottom