UEFA Team Of The Year

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

http://www.uefa.com/community/teamoftheyear/index.html

Gareth Bale and Luka Modric have been nominated for the UEFA.com Team of the Year!

The Spurs midfielders have had a phenomenal 2011 and you can now vote for the pair to make it into the final XI by clicking HERE.

Gareth and Luka face serious competition from the likes of Lille playmaker Eden Hazard, Barcelona legened Xavi and Real Madrid's Angel Di Maria, so they'll need your vote if they're to make it!

Voting will run until 2300GMT on Monday 5 January, before the final line-up is announced on Wednesday 18 January on UEFA.com.

A total of 55 players and five coaches have been nominated to fill 11 positions on the pitch and one in the dugout. The nominees were selected by UEFA.com staff writers based on their daily coverage of football across the length and breadth of Europe. The players were chosen for their performances for a European club or national team, or in a UEFA club competition, in 2011.

The player voted as captain of the team will be givn a cheque from UEFA for €100’000 to give to the Red Cross at their next UEFA match.

Best of luck to our midfield maestros!

I voted Vidic as the captain. A few Barca players made the list, and as much as I hate City, Silva got the nod. Fuck Gervinho & Persie, cunts.

Make it happen ladies and gents.

No Modric, Winston? And seriously, wtf did Wilshere do to deserve a nomination?

Casillas
Srna
Hummels
Rolando
Pereira
Gotze
Modric
Ozil
Bale
Messi
Falcao

WilsonJet said:
No Modric, Winston? And seriously, wtf did Wilshere do to deserve a nomination?

Casillas
Srna
Hummels
Rolando
Pereira
Gotze
Modric
Ozil
Bale
Messi
Falcao

No. As much as I think he's one of the players I've seen at WHL he's not comparable to Xavi.

Clearly. That's not really the point though, is it? I'm not a journalist for the Associated Press with an obligation to remain impartial and objective (insert laugh track here). I am a Tottenham supporter. This UEFA thing is nothing more than a popularity contest, anyway. It demonstrates which players have the most fan support. So who do you support? Spurs uber fuckin alles!

If it is just a popularity contest, everyone voting for their own players... What's the point? Barca and manure players would make up the whole team cos they have the most fans.

Back
Top Bottom