UEFA Champions League 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02

Seedlings confirmed for next seasons Champions League.

Best case scenario at the moment looks like Zenit, Celtic and Kopenhagen. That’s if we can draw Celtic?

Worst case is Barcelona, Inter and Leipzig.

Pot 1 has 3 English clubs so only leaves us with Barca, PSG, Bayern, Juve and Zenit.

Seedlings confirmed for next seasons Champions League.

Best case scenario at the moment looks like Zenit, Celtic and Kopenhagen. That’s if we can draw Celtic?

Worst case is Barcelona, Inter and Leipzig.

Pot 1 has 3 English clubs so only leaves us with Barca, PSG, Bayern, Juve and Zenit.

3 English teams in Pot 1 really throw things a bit.

Year 1 we had an "easy" draw that in retrospect was way harder than anyone thought (Monaco) and got knocked out, followed by the Group of Death that we won and this past season which was hard and we got to the Finals.

Outside of your obviously easy group scenario, I'm not taking anything for granted, but hopefully we understand what it takes to move forward in Europe now.

I'm at a loss here. Chelsea got more points in this years coefficient than Liverpool?

I can't be bothered to read why. But that is fucking bullshit.

Chelsea won Europa League, hence in pot 1 of CL
I understand that, don't agree with it, but them's the rules.
However, that's not my issue. My problem is that Chelsea got 30 points at the end of the 18-19 campaign, Liverpool who came above Chelsea in the league (handsomely) and won the actual European Cup got 29 points for the season. Barcelona also got 30 points.
As I say....fucking bullsiht.

I understand that, don't agree with it, but them's the rules.
However, that's not my issue. My problem is that Chelsea got 30 points at the end of the 18-19 campaign, Liverpool who came above Chelsea in the league (handsomely) and won the actual European Cup got 29 points for the season. Barcelona also got 30 points.
As I say....fucking bullsiht.

Coefficient points are awarded for wins/draws in group stage and progress.

So in Europa League if you win most/all the group games and win the tournament you get a lot of points. I'm guessing Chelsea won all the group games and the group was easy.

Most of the CL group teams are higher quality than EL so it's harder to get high points.

Thems the rules - personally think EL should get less points for wins etc than CL purely because CL is more difficult.

Probably don’t want Inter or Valencia from Pot 3 if we’re being picky.

Zenit might be a less tricky tie than others in Pot 1 (but not very ‘glamorous’).

Back
Top Bottom