UEFA Champions League 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe :

As Barcelon can be matched with 6 teams in group B ( including Spurs)
PSG. Ditto but 8 teams
Juventos 7 teams
Bayern , Zenit, 6 teams
Mancity, Chelsea, Liverpool 7 teams ( excluding spurs).

Total chances for all teams is 57 ( is sum all chances for teams to be matched in group A)

Repeat number of teams in Group B that each team can be matched by a team I group A :
Real, Atletico, Dortmund , Napoli can be matched with 7 teams
shakhtsr Benfica and Ajax can be matched with 8 teams
Spurs can only be matched with,5 teams
Again total matches for all teams in group B is ,57.

So chances of :
Spurs and Barca = 6,/57 + 5/57 or 11/57
Spurs and PSG =. 8/57 + 5/57 or 13/57
Spurs and Juve = 7/57 + 5/57 or 12/57
Spurs and Bayern -same as for Juve
Spurs and Zenit -same as PSG

Years since I did any stats but the answers seem about right!

We'll see if there are any mathematical geniuses on the site though

I'm not math genius, but I do like a good challenge. I keep getting back there being too many variables (for my skills).

On your calcs, though:

Barca 11/57 +
PSG 13/57 +
Juve 12/57 +
Bayern 12/57 +
Zenit 13/57 =

61/57 :avbcringe:

Milan clubs want a new ground as the San siro is dated, I thought the replacement was going to be where the car park is now. Next to the current stadium, if it was the city driving it wouldn't they just build on the car park?
I heard that the city wanted the entire lot, stadium and car park.

But I am not going to swear by this since it is just based on some paper gossip. Could very well be that they will build the new stadium on the car park.

I'm not math genius, but I do like a good challenge. I keep getting back there being too many variables (for my skills).

On your calcs, though:

Barca 11/57 +
PSG 13/57 +
Juve 12/57 +
Bayern 12/57 +
Zenit 13/57 =

61/57 :avbcringe:

I know it looks odd.

But if you look at the calculations Spurs can only be paired with 5 teams from Pool A. Yet in total all the combinations of Pool B teams and Pool A teams add up to 57.

If you look at the chances of the other teams being drawn against each other some teams will have more or less than 57 out of 57. Yet in total of all the teams everything will zero out.

Lies lies and damn statistics come to mind !

Feel free to present your own solution though to OP :wall: :rolleyes: :cool:

Getting close to this time of year. Hours of fun here
CLDraw.jpg

Not easy...

Back
Top Bottom