UEFA Champions League 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My mate at work is a massive inter fan, he’s devastated, still no real plans for the new stadium/stadiums either
Yeah will be and I’ve no allegiance to either club. But I like architecture and someone needs to step and make a stand here

What is the reason ? Are they downsizing a la Juve ?

If so keep the exterior. Gut it and get creative with space inside. If, I’m guessing btw it is to downsize then that allows options

Fuck the costings on this

Yeah will be and I’ve no allegiance to either club. But I like architecture and someone needs to step and make a stand here

What is the reason ? Are they downsizing a la Juve ?

If so keep the exterior. Gut it and get creative with space inside. If, I’m guessing btw it is to downsize then that allows options

Fuck the costings on this

He seems to think it will be 2 new stadiums, both smaller than the San Siro, but don’t quote me on that

Off topic

Is it true that the Milan clubs have agreed to demolish the san Siro?

What a tragedy that would be.

As someone who got his start watching football largely with mid-aughts Champions League games, the San Siro epitomizes football for me, that's what it's supposed to feel like.

And they'll replace it with smaller capacity and more ways for the wealthy to create an exclusive experience for themselves, the decline of our culture wrought in iron and concrete.

(Now that I think about it, I think one of the first European club matches I ever watched was the 2003 CL semifinal when Milan beat Inter on away goals in their own stadium :harrylol:)

Last edited:

As someone who got his start watching football largely with mid-aughts Champions League games, the San Siro epitomizes football for me, that's what it's supposed to feel like.

And they'll replace it with smaller capacity and more ways for the wealthy to create an exclusive experience for themselves, the decline of our culture wrought in iron and concrete.

(Now that I think about it, I think one of the first European club matches I ever watched was the 2003 CL semifinal when Milan beat Inter on away goals in their own stadium :harrylol:)

Italia 90 and watching Italian football with Van basten, gullit etc made the San Siro a special stadium for me and I put it on my bucket list to watch Milan play there one day.

Went there a few years back to see them v Juve. The game and atmosphere didnt let me down.

Be a real shame to see it go.

(But compared to what we have now it was a total shithole)

Like I say there surely has to be grounds to not permit that building to be demolished

The city of Milan wants the ground to build houses and businesses on it. So the idea is to build a new stadium somewhere else. But not until 2022 at the earliest.
It's what happens when you don't own your own ground.
Just hurry up with the draw please, I'm getting impatient now.

It's what happens when you don't own your own ground.
Just hurry up with the draw please, I'm getting impatient now.
A problem most Italian clubs struggle with. Napoli have been requesting renovations to their stadium for years and the municipality is basically giving them the finger. And when they suggest building their own stadium they are suddenly ungrateful.

The city of Milan wants the ground to build houses and businesses on it. So the idea is to build a new stadium somewhere else. But not until 2022 at the earliest.
Milan clubs want a new ground as the San siro is dated, I thought the replacement was going to be where the car park is now. Next to the current stadium, if it was the city driving it wouldn't they just build on the car park?

Back
Top Bottom