UEFA Champions League 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not really, Munich is a great city and one of those underrated cities in Europe, Bruges is another example.
I have it on good authority that Bruges is a shithole.
colin-farrell-in-bruges.jpg

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but does anyone have an idea of likely allocation for Munich away? Is it 5% Allianz Arena capacity so likely around 3,500, 3,600?

Looks like a decent group to progress. But underestimating Olympiakos or Red Star would be the most stupid thing to do. They will be a tough task (especially when they play at home) if we don't turn up our game a bit until then.

Not really, Munich is a great city and one of those underrated cities in Europe, Bruges is another example.

I'll just straight up say it, Munich kind of sucks. It's by far my least favorite of all the major German speaking cities.

Central city is full of American, British and Australian tourists and every bar and beer garden is basically ruined because of it. Outside the center is just "bleh" semi-suburbs full of mid-tier BMW executives. Augsburg and Nürnberg are the far superior cities in Bavaria. Munich is just smaller, knock-off Vienna without the beauty and charm and with way more drunk annoying fools clogging up everything.

Oh, and what's more important for Spurs: Allianz Arena sucks. It's a soulless corporate bubble on the edge of the city off a rail yard like 1km from anything else. You just walk through a giant parking area to get inside, feels like a fucking moonscape on the way. Inside, it's terribly bland and you can't get a good local sausage like you can in most German grounds (the mustard is even corporate nasty yellow Heinz stuff). It's a bottom 5 ground in Germany, the only worse place I've seen a match there is the Olympic Stadium in Berlin (simply because Hertha cannot fill it and you sit 100km from the pitch due to the track).

Here's a (very blurry) image I took from a night game a couple of years ago in Munich to show what I mean ... there's fucking NOTHING near the stadium. It's just a long ass walk through a parking area.

ErW7otY.jpg

Back
Top Bottom