UCL Matchday 5 - Olympiacos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1574802603658.jpg

Bit awkward that
I liked Poch but I never thought the sun shone out of his arse!

We should have a sweep for how many times he says "That little pocket" during the match
Excellent idea!

Trevor Y'now Imean Brooking always cracked me up. Used to sit and count the number of times he said 'y'know' and 'I mean' during an interview. In the end he got them down to mere vestages of the phrase and you'd have to listen really hard to spot them.

There's a good 'I mean, Y'know' at 42 seconds here:

Then, there's Harry 'Yeah No Definitely' Kane:

As good as he can be...
Do we really want a player that we are at the mercy of - dependant on the urgings of his agent?
We know hes good - but turning it off and on like he does makes him a liability.
Too many games of him being an on field spectator makes us like we've had an early sending off.
As I said, it all depends on how he and Jose work things out. If he were to sign a new contract, that, in my opinion, would show total commitment to the club and that would affect his performance in a positive way. If you have a player of his abilities and they're willing to give it their all, you don't throw them away. You cultivate them as the team will be stronger for it.

I think that might be somewhat of an exaggeration - did you see Phil Jones at the weekend?
Then off the top of my head there's Mustafi, Zouma, Ashley Young, Aaron Cresswell, John Stones, Rob Holding, Bellerin, Sokratis, Luiz, Kolasinac, Rojo, Alonso, Luke Shaw, Bong, Dunk etc etc. I don't think they would even rank in the worst 20 defenders - possibly even the worst 50.
Forgive my hyperbole. I get carried away occasionally. I did see Phil Jones. I loved seeing Mousset just shoving off the ball.

It's harmless stuff really, just general div antics.

Tops off in the winter, ringing some poxy bell or rattle, on top of tables in beer gardens singing on his own, just begging for attention.

As I said, the first time it's funny. But the routine wears thin after what feels like the 100th time.
Attention seeking. It's a well known psychiatric disorder called HPD or Histrionic Personality Disorder. It's pretty sad actually.

Anyone mention the Olympiacos fans in the home sections again last night ? In our block the first two rows to the right were majority Olympiakos fans. All celebrated the goals openly and the Stewards did fuck all again.

After Red Star they have learned nothing so it would seem
I had a few near me but I think they work at a Greek restaurant in Green Lane.

Much as I hate to open old wounds, how does he get in with binoculars and a metal stick, when my cheese sandwich is binned? And don't say it's a walking stick - he dances around like a spring lamb for 2 hours.

tnL1qpL.png

srgKAx6.png

shbJTit.png

Apda6Xj.png

Any use for a smilie?
The look on the boys face kinda says it all!

He's not the most aesthetically pleasing specimen for sure, and I get why he doesn't appeal to some, but I think Sanchez is actually a more effective defender than his awkwardness suggests. He has superb recovery pace, and he's bloody tenacious, I just think he just lacks a bit of composure at times. I also don't think he's quite as bad on the ball as some think.

I would jettison Foyth before Sanchez personally, who is almost the reverse, a better footballer than he is a defender.

I'd really like to see Tanganga given some more time this season. He looks to be a good combination of defender/footballer to me.

Rose has never been a good defender. I wish we'd cashed in on him years ago.
All good points. If anyone can make Sanchez fulfill his potential, it's Jose. I haven't seen enough of Foyth to be honest. Can't say anything about him. Maybe if JM can get Sanchez thinking ahead, he'll be more effective. I'm open minded.

Back
Top Bottom