UCL Matchday 5 - Olympiacos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WMJPZdG.png

Last Saturday, they drew with the worst team in Greece.
They have only won 1 away game since facing us. (1 of 6)
They even lost to Red Star, which we battered 9-0 on aggregate.
Mourinho only lost 2 of his latest 24 CL group stage home games (Most recently against Juventus last year)

I really think we as fans should show our class and appreciation for all Poch did for us with a few rousing renditions of the "He's magic, you know" song at the Olympiakos game tomorrow. This is not an anti-Mourinho thing and if Jose's as humble as he now claims to be, he will understand that. But Poch deserves to hear loud and clear how much we love him. How about the 47th minute because that's how old he is?

I really think we as fans should show our class and appreciation for all Poch did for us with a few rousing renditions of the "He's magic, you know" song at the Olympiakos game tomorrow. This is not an anti-Mourinho thing and if Jose's as humble as he now claims to be, he will understand that. But Poch deserves to hear loud and clear how much we love him. How about the 47th minute because that's how old he is?
I appreciate the thought and don’t disagree, but only to a point.

I think we should sing his name before kick off but as soon as that whistle goes it’s about backing this manager and this team.

I appreciate the thought and don’t disagree, but only to a point.

I think we should sing his name before kick off but as soon as that whistle goes it’s about backing this manager and this team.
If we still did flags/tifos it could have been a good way to send a thank you as well before kick off. But we don't seem to be that keen on those.

I genuinely believe you mean nothing but goodwill from this, no fanboi-ism, no disrespect to Mourinho etc, but it just feels wrong.

Tbh, I was uncomfortable singing Pochettino's name when labouring to draws against Watford and Sheffield United and losing to Newcastle, let alone that 2-7
I'm not sure I need to sing his name again unless he's on the opposition bench.

I genuinely believe you mean nothing but goodwill from this, no fanboi-ism, no disrespect to Mourinho etc, but it just feels wrong.

Tbh, I was uncomfortable singing Pochettino's name when labouring to draws against Watford and Sheffield United and losing to Newcastle, let alone that 2-7
Sort of how i feel.
I like Poch and am grateful for what he did.
But we have moved on now

If he comes back as opposing team manager, I'd want to make a standing ovation before the whistle. Maybe a big cheer when his name is read out.
Likewise for Trippier (if we get through and play Atletico)

Ben (ankle), Lamela (hammy), Lloris (elbow) and Vorm (calf) unavailable.

Jan and Tanguy back in full training and available.
Good news. Would like to give Jan some minutes towards the end of the game just to give him some match fitness, and Ndombele being back is huge in the long run. Hope José starts with Lo Celso and Foyth although I doubt it in GLC's case. Much more likely he will start Eriksen, prove to him he's not commited and bench him for the remainder of the contract.

Would love to see Ndombele and Dier. Not because Dier impressed me hugely but it’ll be the first time Ndombele has had someone that’ll protect next to him, think we’ll see what he can really do

Back
Top Bottom