U18 v MUFC WHL Mon 9th Feb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Went to the FAYC QF v Woolwich at the lane in 09. We played fairly well that night, started really well with a good goal that was scored by Obika and were a bit unlucky imo. The result wasn't reflective of the game. Woolwich's first goal was a clearance that hit their player and went in, their 2nd a deflected shot and the third the ref got in the way of a pass which enabled them to break.
There was a great turnout for that one. 20,000 weren't it?
Mason looked really good as I remember. They had a lot of the ball but did not much.
We missed some decent chances. Woolwich got lucky.
It was then that I expected Townsend to be our next left winger. Funnily enough he was showed some of the same bad shooting traits that night as he still does today!
Wilshere wasn't that good, probably smoking a lot more then.
I thought maybe Obika would have made the grade.

Good performance from the 18s, shame we weren't allowed to express our 1882 badge more noisier , but had a jobsworth making sure we behaved ourselves. I guess there was 5000 there last night but only a few 1882 to lift the dull atmosphere which always proceeds a great Show on Saturday.
If we do beat the Forest let's hope Woolwich get through and meet them in semis COYS

Back
Top Bottom