U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean the Swiss born Serbian Milos Veljkovic ?

Think that all our Academy players these days are decent on the ball, including the CB's, so think its going to come down to some physical traits (which I guess is why Dinzeyi was on the last pre-season tour) such as speed and others such as anticipation and maybe being able to play as a FB to distinguish between them.

Whilst they can be younger than the opposition and therefore do not dominate as they used to my sense is that a number of the other academies are a lot better now so that Spurs academy no longer has as big an 'edge' as they used to.
Yes, Veljkovic, that's the fella! Used to enjoy watching him play, surprised we let him go. Any word on how he's getting on?

Yup its one position where we seem to have a lot of good candidates coming through - I was surprised Dinzeyi went on a pre-season but that's the reason I included him, but any of the other 3 look decent prospects to come through (although Carter-Vickers who looked as good at that age hasn't developed as far as I had hoped since then, so one or more of these might also drop off) just a shame I doubt if more than one or two have a realistic chance of making it especially with even younger kids like Binks and Walcott coming through. Shame we cannot switch one of them for an 'uber' striker which is a position where I'm not sure we have that many candidates.
Yes would be great to bring a top striker through. Big fan of Griffiths and Sterling too. But the one to watch out for is Parrot for me, oozes class.

Yes, Veljkovic, that's the fella! Used to enjoy watching him play, surprised we let him go. Any word on how he's getting on?

We sold (at a give away price as he had only 6 months left on his contract - he wanted more certainty over playing at Spurs which Spurs not willing to do apparently) him to Werder Bremen and he's played 50 odd games in 2 years. So I'd say he's done pretty well as Werder Bremen has always been a decent level Bundesliga side and 50 games means he's established himself in the squad.

Always hoped he'd stay at Spurs as he looked a very decent CB/DM but was unlucky with loans (Middlesborough when they had strong CB's) and injuries which meant he hardly played in the 18 months before he left.

Yes would be great to bring a top striker through. Big fan of Griffiths and Sterling too. But the one to watch out for is Parrot for me, oozes class.

Had high hopes for Sterling (and Harrison before him) but he seems to have struggled a bit more in the u23's than he did in u18's.#

Griffiths seems to be knocking them in at a great rate, surprise to me as 2 years ago he seemed to be playing CB/RB and other positions, so striker is a position he seems to have mastered very quickly. Would love him to stay as having played in other positions I think he's a good all round footballer which means he can do so much more than just score goals - hope the Lepzig (?) link goes away.

Haven't seen Parrott - but he's still young so a long way from making it.

Our u19's face Porto tomorrow (3pm kick off) in the quarter finals of the UEFA youth league, live on BT Sport. Whilst our u18's are in action against Swansea the following day. I will be in attendance for both games.

Losing 2-0 with 65 mins gone... Poch out! :pochrolleyes:

...in other news, the outstanding training ground pitch is better than many Football l
League clubs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom