U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
These games, funny enough, have kind of been a predictor of the full squad games. Excluding 5r 2nd game away at Apoel.
draw in Madrid, beat Madrid at home, beat Dortmund at home.
Hopefully , if we win this, it will continue

This is the first U19 game I've actually watched and agree that Skipp is the stand-out in our team. Not sure if Edwards is having an off day (it happens) but he's not done a great deal of note.
Skipp usually has a decent game.
Edwards, the games I’ve watched in his competition, is about the same.
He is usually on the periphery of games but usually something happens when he’s got the ball.
The pitch didn’t help him today.
In fact it probably affected both teams games. The quality of ther first touch was pretty good from these kids considering.

I wonder if they win, if the Liverpool fans watching the u19s game will question their right to win becuase it was a “gift “ that was given to them by Sevilla inside 30 seconds. An error and therefore not deserved?

My word, Man City spent the last thirty minutes chucking absolutely everything against Feyenoord in their U19 game. Pretty incredible they didn't put even one of their numerous chances away. Was proper bricking it as I had some money on that being 0:0.

Now to put all £47 I just won on us smashing Dortmund tonight!

These games, funny enough, have kind of been a predictor of the full squad games. Excluding 5r 2nd game away at Apoel.
draw in Madrid, beat Madrid at home, beat Dortmund at home.
Hopefully , if we win this, it will continue
the whole UEFA Youth competition is almost a mirror image of the senior groups, even.

This is a fucking amazing read! Something that bugs the fuck out of me is the lording of Chelsea's and City's academy's because they win the Youth FA Cup every single year and everyone laps it up, only to then criticise the first team manager for not playing their kids (not that bit bothers me at all). For me the measure of an academy is how many professionals they create, not just for their own team. (Chelsea and City do have some very, very good players but few at present are making it as pro's, some of that may change with a number of Chelsea's youth now leaving the club as they don't see a career at the club but lets see what happens).

Last edited:
This is a fucking amazing read! Something that bugs the fuck out of me is the lording of Chelsea's and City's academy's because they win the Youth FA Cup every single year and everyone laps it up, only to then criticise the first team manager for not playing their kids (not that bit bothers me at all). For me the measure of an academy is how many professionals they create, not just for their own team. (Chelsea and City do have some very, very good players but few at present are making it as pro's, some of that may change with a number of Chelsea's youth now leaving the club as they don't see a career at the club but lets see what happens).

I've read that one of the reasons we develop lads is we promote them to older age groups once they've nailed their own one. Several examples of that. Skipp an obvious one right now. Only just 17.

Chavski I gather don't do that. Ergo they win a lot of youth cups (whoopidoo!!!) but don't stretch the player.

We also focus on good character. A lad like Winks for instance. And then compare that to dope-smoking big time Charlie Wheelchair. Chavski overpay their kids, which skews their values, leads to poor decisions by parents etc.

The Academy is absolutely the way to go, for so many reasons.

I've read that one of the reasons we develop lads is we promote them to older age groups once they've nailed their own one. Several examples of that. Skipp an obvious one right now. Only just 17.

Chavski I gather don't do that. Ergo they win a lot of youth cups (whoopidoo!!!) but don't stretch the player.

We also focus on good character. A lad like Winks for instance. And then compare that to dope-smoking big time Charlie Wheelchair. Chavski overpay their kids, which skews their values, leads to poor decisions by parents etc.

The Academy is absolutely the way to go, for so many reasons.
The season before last we when we got soundly beaten by Chelsea in the Semi-Final of youth FA Cup we could have fielded the following eligible players:
Kane, Dele, Dier, Bentaleb, Carroll, Alex Pritchard, Yedlin (although I think he's shit), Winks (didn't play can't remember why injury??)

The season before last we when we got soundly beaten by Chelsea in the Semi-Final of youth FA Cup we could have fielded the following eligible players:
Kane, Dele, Dier, Bentaleb, Carroll, Alex Pritchard, Yedlin (although I think he's shit), Winks (didn't play can't remember why injury??)
Wow, that's astonishing, well dug up with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom