U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick highlight from the match yesterday. Turned into the Keanan Bennetts show for a little while there. Quality not the greatest but wanted to be able to show the goals and most important bits.

Bennetts looks unreal - where has he come from!? I'm sure I've never heard of his promise before in the same way Onomah, Winks, Edwards, Kane were always highly rated at youth level. But a few games last season and that game he seems to be ripping teams apart.

He genuinely looks like a stronger Edwards.

He played at LB in this game, looks like they might be trying to groom him into a wing back. His defense was suspect in the game but his dribbling and pace are unreal and he has great size for his age. Definitely looks like he could be a player.

Bennetts looks unreal - where has he come from!? I'm sure I've never heard of his promise before in the same way Onomah, Winks, Edwards, Kane were always highly rated at youth level. But a few games last season and that game he seems to be ripping teams apart.

He genuinely looks like a stronger Edwards.
Bennetts has always had talent but has been inconsistent - quite a different player to Edwards as he's generally more about explosive pace on the outside and a cross, whereas Edwards is all about his tricky dribbling, balance and close control.

Bennetts has always had talent but has been inconsistent - quite a different player to Edwards as he's generally more about explosive pace on the outside and a cross, whereas Edwards is all about his tricky dribbling, balance and close control.

Thanks.

I actually thought a little bit about Aaron Lennon in the clips, but the hair swayed me towards Edwards comparisons for some reason.

Do you think Bennetts has a chance of making it here? From the clips, he probably wouldn't fair any worse than Nkoudou

Depends what they want from him. If they commit to having him as a LB and Spurs continue to play with wing backs, I could see him playing a role. He's excellent down the wing with his pace, strength, and crossing. Defensively he is below average for sure, but he's very young and new to the position. It'll be intriguing. My gut instinct is he'd be at best a rotation player but I'm admittedly fairly new at watching the young players and wouldn't consider myself a scout by any means.

I remember taking notes on him when I saw him play for the U18s but I can't seem to find them. I believe he scored a goal in the game I saw.

I was there today to watch the West Ham game played under leaden skies with intermittent drizzle.
I had to remind myself that it is still August as I was constantly on the verge of shivering. Anyway, before the game started I asked someone if Marcus Edwards was playing. That guy turned out to be his father.
I had a nice little chat with him but he is a well known figure so couldn't really spend more time with him unfortunately. His boy played well and it was nice to finally watch him live. One thing that struck me about him is that his shorts meet his socks due to him having short legs. And it is only when he runs that you get a glimpse of his knees. He is purely a play maker who doesn't move about an awful lot. The rest of them are much of a muchness. Tanganga looks a prospect and Edwards is the only player to have a sprinkling of stardust.
It was men against boys again and WHU deserved to win. Their number five Akinola stood out.
I did think I might be the only spectator but there was actually two hundred plus people watching.

I was there today to watch the West Ham game played under leaden skies with intermittent drizzle.
I had to remind myself that it is still August as I was constantly on the verge of shivering. Anyway, before the game started I asked someone if Marcus Edwards was playing. That guy turned out to be his father.
I had a nice little chat with him but he is a well known figure so couldn't really spend more time with him unfortunately. His boy played well and it was nice to finally watch him live. One thing that struck me about him is that his shorts meet his socks due to him having short legs. And it is only when he runs that you get a glimpse of his knees. He is purely a play maker who doesn't move about an awful lot. The rest of them are much of a muchness. Tanganga looks a prospect and Edwards is the only player to have a sprinkling of stardust.
It was men against boys again and WHU deserved to win. Their number five Akinola stood out.
I did think I might be the only spectator but there was actually two hundred plus people watching.

How'd Skipp look? For being so young I've been extremely impressed with him over the last 2 years. I briefly watched the U16s play two seasons ago but didn't have a roster or much info, wish I could have known him back then!

I would say at U18 and U23 matches you could almost always expect 100+ spectators unless the weather is shit

How'd Skipp look? For being so young I've been extremely impressed with him over the last 2 years. I briefly watched the U16s play two seasons ago but didn't have a roster or much info, wish I could have known him back then!

I would say at U18 and U23 matches you could almost always expect 100+ spectators unless the weather is shit
I didn't realise he is still only sixteen years old. He did bloody well then considering he was playing against men.
I was disappointed that Sterling only came on for the last few minutes. Jack Roles was there but didn't play.
He's not as big as I thought. Shilow up front? Not sure about that to be honest. West ham u23's will do well this season.

U23s at home to Man Utd, currently winning 2-0. Goal by yon Marcus Edwards I think, I missed both.

3-0 now, goal by Pritchard after shit defending by a certain Luke Shaw

DIF2284XsAMBI34.jpg

You can watch it here >>>

LiveTV / WebPlayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom