U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see that Edwards, Onomah and CCV are getting minutes again.

I highly doubt any of them get any minutes in the first team for the remainder of the season.

My guess is that staying in Division 1 is more important than a 2 legged cup Semi-final??

Possibly. I would hazard a guess that they've decided that he's beyond u18's football which is a fair verdict, but an FAYC semifinal against Chelsea is invaluable experience and obviously shouldn't be judged as an usual u18's league fixture.

Edit:

Not sure if it's good for the overall team ethic if they pull him in for a semifinal, when he hasn't been involved in the earlier stages though.

Last edited:
Possibly. I would hazard a guess that they've decided that he's beyond u18's football which is a fair verdict, but an FAYC semifinal against Chelsea is invaluable experience and obviously shouldn't be judged as an usual u18's league fixture.
I just don't think we will compromise the players development just because it's a cup-semi. Haven't seen evidence of this recently. The majority of our players are in a side above thier age group, I don't see that changing, hence this evenings selection.

Anyone have much of an insight as to how Onomah is performing at this level and in what position ? I saw a video a while back of him playing for England v Italy and he looked very good in midfield at that level. But in the first team he seems to be utterly lost.

Also - opinions on Stirling. Ready to be 3rd choice next year or just making up the numbers ?

Anyone have much of an insight as to how Onomah is performing at this level and in what position ? I saw a video a while back of him playing for England v Italy and he looked very good in midfield at that level. But in the first team he seems to be utterly lost.

Also - opinions on Stirling. Ready to be 3rd choice next year or just making up the numbers ?

Not sure how Onomah is doing at this point, but it certainly hasn't helped him that he's not once been playing in his natural position for the first team.

He seems to play in his favoured position in the England youth teams, which sees him perform better. Though I also think his build is probably best suited in youth football, probably a lot bigger and stronger than most opposition players.

In the first team though, he always seems to be played furthest forward in central midfield or on the wing, neither are his best position for me. I think he SHOULD be playing a deeper role in central midfield - but I almost feel that Pochettino is losing faith and Onomah, like many before him, hasn't developed as well as he'd have hoped.

Winks has almost certainly overtaken him and there is no looking back.

What's up with Edwards?

Wasn't used in the youth cups, can't get on the Spurs bench, doesn't even get off the bench in England youth games.

He hasn't got all billy big bollocks has he since Poch compared him to Messi? We are going to end up looking silly about this one aren't we?

What's up with Edwards?

Wasn't used in the youth cups, can't get on the Spurs bench, doesn't even get off the bench in England youth games.

He hasn't got all billy big bollocks has he since Poch compared him to Messi? We are going to end up looking silly about this one aren't we?
A strong likelihood, so many people banging on about him, I'll bet 95% have never seen him kick a football too.

Truth is he hasn't long come back from injury, may be taking it slowly to get back up to speed, no point rushing it.

Don't want to be too self-promoting here but for anyone interested I made this a while ago, quick under 8 min highlights of Spurs U18 vs Baltimore from the IMG Cup a few months ago. Would like to do more of these for whatever games there is video available

So we have a trailist, Johnson. Anyone know anything about him? Where is he from etc?

Some speculation on twitter that it's a 19 year old CB from Wolves who's represented by an agency that handles a lot of our youth players as well.

Every time Edwards gets on the ball and drives at them... :pochwtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom