U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
HT and 1-0 to the mighty Tottenham Hotspur.
Don't deserve it to be honest. We have deffended very well, kept our shape, it's been a bit raukes drift with lots of blocks and a few last ditched tackles but Keeper has only been called into action a couple of times, but were excellent saves, young Alfie is a very good keeper.
We are loosing the midfield, no quality on the ball when we have it & when we don't we are beaten to the 2nd ball or the scum are just passing through the thrids quickly and with ease.
Scums back 4 do look shite but we just don't have the quality to test them. We took our goal well on the brake.

Last edited:
Reo Griffiths is the guy who scored two goals against CSKA Moscow? another today? - Potential there? I don't even look at age anymore considering how Rashford burst on the scene at 17 years old, if you're good enough you're old enough.

Reo Griffiths is the guy who scored two goals against CSKA Moscow? another today? - Potential there? I don't even look at age anymore considering how Rashford burst on the scene at 17 years old, if you're good enough you're old enough.

Scoring at that level is hardly proof that he's good enough for the seniors, but have heard good things.

This is what Ray Lo on the Spurs-List said about the guy midweek:

Because he was an U-16 player last season we have not seen much of him. From what I have seen he is is like most young players eager to please. He is tall, slim and has pace. His response and reaction time need to improve which along with vision will come with experience. He is being played wide alot due to his pace but switches easily to a central striker role. It is still too early to say if he will make the change to U-18/19 level as a top striker or U-23. With Sterling injured ans Loft off form he should get plenty of game time to help him advance. The injury to Harrison has also seen him promoted to the U-23 which is also different from the U-18.

HT and 1-0 to the mighty Tottenham Hotspur.
Don't deserve it to be honest. We have deffended very well, kept our shape, it's been a bit raukes drift with lots of blocks and a few last ditched tackles but Keeper has only been called into action a couple of times.
We are loosing the midfield, no quality on the ball when we have it & when we don't we are beaten to the 2nd ball or the scum are just passing through the thrids quickly and with ease.
Scums back 4 do look shite but we just don't have the quality to test them. We took our goal well on the brake.
FT 2-4.
Very, very harsh scoreline this.

We were a much improved team 2nd half, still not excellent but much improved, we played with a bit more intensity and quicker tempo and were the better side right up until they scored from a corner ball going to back post player unmarked. The goal gave them a bit of a lift and until their 90min goal it was evenly contested half.

They scored on the brake 90th min and NO WAY it should have stood, blatant foul used to disposes Spurs, whole crowd which are always passive for these games, saw it and were up in arms moaning, ref even raised his whistle to his lips to blow for a free kick then for whatever reason changed his mind and let play continue. Their final gaol was the very last kick.

Very impressed with our two CB's (don't know their names as I did have a team sheet), they were the only real highlight for me both manfully standing up to waives of attacks from a mobile scum team, especially in first half. Putting in well timed last ditched challenges, putting their bodies on the line blocking many shots, winning all their headers. The only downside was their distribution which was poor but given the options/movement in front of them probably had a contributing factor.

My biggest take away is we only have a couple of players that have any real quality on the ball in this group. I like George Marsh (Captain) always a heads up player, likes to play outside of the boot, looks to give and go and is a very hard working player.

PS - Winter has arrived

He was OK against Monaco. Just seen him today thought he was fairly shit. We hit a long ball to him numerous times to him today and probably lost the ball on every occasion, one of many reason why we were under the cosh in the first half as there was no out ball for us, his inability to hold the ball up meant scum could put constant pressure on us. (Only 2 times I have seen him, so pinch of salt and all that).

FT 2-4.
Very, very harsh scoreline this.

We were a much improved team 2nd half, still not excellent but much improved, we played with a bit more intensity and quicker tempo and were the better side right up until they scored from a corner ball going to back post player unmarked. The goal gave them a bit of a lift and until their 90min goal it was evenly contested half.

They scored on the brake 90th min and NO WAY it should have stood, blatant foul used to disposes Spurs, whole crowd which are always passive for these games, saw it and were up in arms moaning, ref even raised his whistle to his lips to blow for a free kick then for whatever reason changed his mind and let play continue. Their final gaol was the very last kick.

Very impressed with our two CB's (don't know their names as I did have a team sheet), they were the only real highlight for me both manfully standing up to waives of attacks from a mobile scum team, especially in first half. Putting in well timed last ditched challenges, putting their bodies on the line blocking many shots, winning all their headers. The only downside was their distribution which was poor but given the options/movement in front of them probably had a contributing factor.

My biggest take away is we only have a couple of players that have any real quality on the ball in this group. I like George Marsh (Captain) always a heads up player, likes to play outside of the boot, looks to give and go and is a very hard working player.

PS - Winter has arrived
Japhet Tanganga would have been one of the center backs. Eyoma may have been the other one.
I was thinking of going to this game but a 12 hour sleepathon put paid to that. Anyway, the player I wanted to see
wasn't playing, and I'm talking about Juan Velasco. He's been training with the first team apparently but
probably needs to get stronger physically. Rashford is there already because on top of being very talented, he
happens to be an outstanding athlete.
Photos: 17-year-old Juan Pablo Gonzalez-Velasco joins in Tottenham Hotspur first-team training

Japhet Tanganga would have been one of the center backs. Eyoma may have been the other one.
I was thinking of going to this game but a 12 hour sleepathon put paid to that. Anyway, the player I wanted to see
wasn't playing, and I'm talking about Juan Velasco. He's been training with the first team apparently but
probably needs to get stronger physically. Rashford is there already because on top of being very talented, he
happens to be an outstanding athlete.
Photos: 17-year-old Juan Pablo Gonzalez-Velasco joins in Tottenham Hotspur first-team training
Yeah, you are right on the CB's, confirmed on OS.

Saw Velasco when I was at the Monaco game, a lot of the academy were watching it too. He is a funny shape. Didn't know he was training with first team.

Yeah, you are right on the CB's, confirmed on OS.

Saw Velasco when I was at the Monaco game, a lot of the academy were watching it too. He is a funny shape. Didn't know he was training with first team.
Don't be taken in by this ludicrous article - HITC is the worst. The whole of the Dev Squad trained with the first team.

Yeah, for a 7 year old they are very good but he is basically churning out stuff he hears from pundits. He goes under an account his old man set up for him (all perfectly legit in his Dad's actual name/ID).

7?? 3 years younger than Kevin in the first Home Alone film, and he's writing articles...
Expect him to scoute opponents at the age of 9 then!

Walker-Peters starts tonight.

There is a live audio broadcast of the game, that I have started to listen too, but it's fucking boring to be frank so I've tuned out, but can be listened to here if anyone interested: Live Sports FM

Both commentators have mentioned that he is having a good game which is good as the couple of times I have seen him play this season he has been shite (not sure whats going on with him this season).

26mins gone we are 2-0 up.

Walker-Peters involved very early in the build up out from the back for 2nd goal

Last edited:
HT in UEFA Youth League, we lead by a great goal.

I think it was Marsh with a Toby-like pass from center circle, Brown put a whipped cross into goalkeeper area and Roles just got in front of GK to score.

But after that Bayer had all the possesion and most of the chances, Harrison got a shot from 25-30 yards but it was a great save. Whiteman best player on the pitch.

i thought we were 2nd best all game and scored against the run of play. stewards were a pain, segregation was in full effect for this. very bizarre

Saw the U18 match at the training ground this morning. (They drew 1-1 with Chelsea).
It's the first time I've been there and needless to say I was impressed with the facilities.
I was hoping to see tha Columbian kid Velasco but he wasn't playing unfortunately.
George Marsh was maybe the best player on the pitch and playing out of position at Center back alongside
the robust Japhet Tanganga who was solid and uncompromising. Marsh's first touch is excellent and he hits a good long pass. Sam Shashoua is a tidy little player, very composed and tidy in possession.
The number 11 had a fair game. I didn't know he was Keanan Bennets but given the hype surrounding him
I would have expected a bit more than what I saw. Our right back Tariq Hinds impressed me though. A tidy little defender and pretty good going forward. Maybe another Kyle Walker-Peters.
One thing that struck me was the players' reluctance to shoot. Kazaiah Sterling who came on for Reo Griffith was one on one with their keeper and didn't pull the trigger. Another Spurs player was thirty yards out with the Chelsea keeper standing next to a goal post. Again no shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom