Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They’re not that different to numerous players we’ve had at that level. 4 in 13 when he stepped up a level is an obvious step down. Less than one in three whilst playing at a pretty low level.

Looks pretty average to me. I’m sure he’ll be a trooper at Peterborough some day.
Agree, youth stats are deceiving and he might be average. But he still deserves a shot.

4 in 13 for a 17 year old playing at u23 level is hardly average. I'm not sure what 17 year old you've seen in our academy put up similar numbers for our u23 team.

Reo Griffiths, who many thought was the next coming of Kane managed a whopping 0 goals in 7 games for our u23s..

I don't get the flex. Are you purposely being negative towards one of our most promising youth players based on the fact you've never seen him play a single minute?

Rashford had a 1 in 8 record at u23 level for United.

Let's hope Parrott gets a loan and can develop the same way Kane did.

Just because Kane was a success it doesn’t mean we should dismiss the numerous youth team striker flops that have scored lots of goals at youth level and turned out to be piss-poor.

Everyone gets excited about a young new face. Can’t even remember the name of the kid who came on against Spam that everyone thought was going to be a God because he touched the ball twice. That was about three years ago.

Youth players are usually shit. Kane is the exception. Winks really isn’t. Parrott hasn’t proved anything.

Unless the plan is to play lamela up top with Dele behind him of vice versa this squad is desperately deprived of attacking options. Give the kid a chance Jose there’s nothing to lose here

Parrott needs to prove himself on the training field and show any signs of determination. Just walk up to JM and say “Put me in coach, I’m ready and available” how hard is it to say that?

Cannot hear the questions in the press conferences only the answers but I would like Jose to be asked specifically why is Parrot not ready when he was ready to play minutes against Burnley and was given the match ball to suggest he played well. What has changed? Is it lack of physical or mental development. Doubt we would get a truthful answer as there appears to me that there is something we do not know.

Cannot hear the questions in the press conferences only the answers but I would like Jose to be asked specifically why is Parrot not ready when he was ready to play minutes against Burnley and was given the match ball to suggest he played well. What has changed? Is it lack of physical or mental development. Doubt we would get a truthful answer as there appears to me that there is something we do not know.
Let's be honest. When Troy came on we had already put Burnley to bed a long time ago. It was a no risk scenario to give him a run out.

Giving a kid a run out at the end of a dead 5-0 game is very different to asking him to potentially lead the line from the start of a game.

I don't think they're taking questions from forums mate

Let's be honest. When Troy came on we had already put Burnley to bed a long time ago. It was a no risk scenario to give him a run out.

Giving a kid a run out at the end of a dead 5-0 game is very different to asking him to potentially lead the line from the start of a game.
Not suggesting he starts but if he is not even on the bench he cannot come on even if we are say 2 down and pressing for a goal.

Seems the general consensus is that he keeps mucking around off the pitch but the club is sticking with him. Perhaps he should have hung out with Bergy over the winter break and not Dele.

I don't think it is anything that some 15 hour days at the training pitch can't fix.

Pisses me off a little but I just want to see players play. Not clutch pearls when they appear in The Sun.

Seems the general consensus is that he keeps mucking around off the pitch but the club is sticking with him. Perhaps he should have hung out with Bergy over the winter break and not Dele.

I don't think it is anything that some 15 hour days at the training pitch can't fix.

Pisses me off a little but I just want to see players play. Not clutch pearls when they appear in The Sun.
I think the rumours of him having a best mate who's father is a drug dealer isnt ideal ( if true)

Parrott needs to prove himself on the training field and show any signs of determination. Just walk up to JM and say “Put me in coach, I’m ready and available” how hard is it to say that?
Fair point but until he tries him I don't want any complaints about lack of a choice to hold the ball up. He did OK pre season chuck him on and if he sinks plenty of time to recover.

Back
Top Bottom