Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yup. Skipp's ascent into the first team was sped up due to circumstance (Amos' injury and our other injury woes in midfield). Skipp would probably still have gotten the cup games and the odd league run out. But he has essentially taken the starts that were otherwise most likely to go to Luke.

Skipp will probably go on loan next season.
Just need to find a good club to loan them to where we can guarantee they'll get both good coaching and decent minutes.

Given Swansea's financial mess, and having Potter as the coach, they might be a very good shout. Or Brentford if we want to keep them in London.

Seeing as 'hype' comes from the Media... I doubt very much that Spursys Parrot is gonna 'Out hype' Global Brmand Utd's Radford!
I mean in real observable quality terms, not media hype.
:adegrin2:

We're Spurs - none of us expect a rimming during the Sunday Supplement or a cringeworthy Adidas campaign to flog more merch to mandem twats.

tumblr_n4jzlbplZ91sh08qlo1_500.gif

I mean in real observable quality terms, not media hype.
:adegrin2:

We're Spurs - none of us expect a rimming during the Sunday Supplement or a cringeworthy Adidas campaign to flog more merch to mandem twats.

tumblr_n4jzlbplZ91sh08qlo1_500.gif
There's no such thing... real, observable personal opinion doesn't sway Media Hype...
Media Hype sways personal opinion!

Still 2 or 3 years from fulfilling his potential but I'd rather watch him than a player 2 or 3 years past his best. I think it'd be a mistake to bring Llorente back instead of giving Parrott more game time, and I believe he'd make a bigger impact. Just looks a class player.

So much to like in just a half of football. Ticked just about every single box.

Last edited:
Did plenty of defending for a striker against a team who play out from the back regardless. Llorente's blue steel didn't do as much sadly. Imagine getting past Parrot only to be met by Sissoko/Ndombele...then those handsome Belgian cunts...then Kane in goal.

The dippers would need to pay double to the Slovenian ref and/or Mike Dean.

His greatest ability is his football brain, up against decent defenders (sure in a friendly) time after time he got in the right place at the right time ... you simply can't teach that ... need to get him on a three year contract (if we haven't already)

played well yesterday but it was pre-season, he needs to be given minutes at the end of matches or go on loan to Championship side, he needs time against men in matches that mean stuff

played well yesterday but it was pre-season, he needs to be given minutes at the end of matches or go on loan to Championship side, he needs time against men in matches that mean stuff

It's tough ... if we keep him with the squad then he's behind Kane, Son, Lucas, Lamela, Dele and possibly still Llorente just how many minutes will he get? However he will get a season learning the "Spurs Way" whatever that means ... alternatively out on loan he will play at a level well below the EPL ... not even sure Poch is clear on what works best ...

I'd like to see him around the squad ... but maybe he wants more minutes? we will soon find out ...

Very excited about this lads ability.
Looks fucking strong as an ox for such a young man & everything he did had guile & purpose.
I think we’ve got another superstar in the making.
Keep him round the squad. Not a loaner in my opinion. He may get more minutes on loan but he’s so young he needs to develop slowly - not pick up bad habits from playing with a lesser talented group & under a lesser manager.

Hope he gets some game time this season - maybe in the league cup and brought on in games where we're winning comfortably or something? Looked a good player, and as much as I'm grateful to Llorente for the commitment he gave us, I'd much rather see Parrott be utilised now.

It's tough ... if we keep him with the squad then he's behind Kane, Son, Lucas, Lamela, Dele and possibly still Llorente just how many minutes will he get? However he will get a season learning the "Spurs Way" whatever that means ... alternatively out on loan he will play at a level well below the EPL ... not even sure Poch is clear on what works best ...

I'd like to see him around the squad ... but maybe he wants more minutes? we will soon find out ...
Am against playing home grown under 20 for developmental purpose. Loan them out

Still 2 or 3 years from fulfilling his potential but I'd rather watch him than a player 2 or 3 years past his best. I think it'd be a mistake to bring Llorente back instead of giving Parrott more game time, and I believe he'd make a bigger impact. Just looks a class player.

So much to like in just a half of football. Ticked just about every single box.

I agree that we don't want to be using Llorente to Parrott's detriment. But I think that perhaps it would be useful to have Llorente around, as it could take some of the pressure of Parrott. Ideally giving him the opportunities in lower profile matches / league cup / FA Cup etc. rather than having to chuck him in away at Barcelona if Kane is out. If Llorente is happy to accept a cheap deal and aware of the fact, that he's down to 3rd choice, I don't see too much of an issue with him being there.

Not sure about the details regarding squad places, would Parrott need to be registered using up a squad place, seeing as he's Irish? Any one an expert on that?

Didn't realise he was yellow-carded. It doesn't hurt to get a rep for being a bit naughty at his age. Here's Gold's analysis:

0-15 minutes

The young striker began by pressing the Juventus back line at every opportunity and he picked out Son Heung-min with a confident early pass which the South Korean star fired into the side-netting.

He then flicked on an Anthony Georgiou cross soon after into Son's path but his effort again went into the side-netting.

The Irishman continued to close down the Juventus defence and gave goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon no rest whenever the ball was at the 41-year-old's feet.

16-30

Parrott ran on to took down Erik Lamela's flick well in the Juventus half and pushed on but found his low shot blocked on the edge of the Juventus box.

On the half hour, Parrott overlapped Son and his low shot was parried out by Buffon for Lamela to score from the space the young Irish striker had left space for him in.

31-45

The teenager fired the ball in the net soon after, but Son was wrongly adjudged offside from Parrott's pass beforehand.

Parrott put himself about, battling with his much older markers and picked up a yellow card late in the half for booting Cancelo in the face accidentally. :rolleyes:

He left the pitch at half-time, replaced by Harry Kane for the second half.

Verdict

This was a very impressive performance from a 17-year-old up against defenders of the ilk of veteran Italy international Leonardo Bonucci and he should have had a goal for his efforts were it not for some poor officiating.

It was a big ask of Parrott to start up front in Kane's spot against Juventus no less, in front of a 50,000-strong crowd in Singapore's impressive national stadium but Pochettino clearly had faith in the teenager.

That the young Irish striker never looked nervous nor out of place on a pitch covered by stars of last year's Champions League spoke volumes about his potential.

He has what Pochettino values so highly, football intelligence, and Parrott's movement in particular stood out during his 45 minutes on the pitch.

A very impressive 45 minutes yesterday.

He's not 18 until September, I'd keep him around the club and get him on the weights/supplements to bulk up - I don't think he's stopped growing yet. If possible, give him a chance in the Cup games from the bench.

No to a loan. He's too young to get a clattering from the defensive thugs in the Championship. Needs to be nurtured.

This lad is going to take a massive shit on that overhyped scuff merchant Rashford this season.
:avbdamn:
Rashford is due a press backlash soon, he will lead the line until December and get 6 goals and it will happen (OGS will get the lions share).

His agent is a genius convincing Man U that RM and Barca were after him, boosting his wage and profile.

Back
Top Bottom