Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Troy Parrotts season in numbers compared to Kane this year:

How Parrott’s Under-18 performances compare to Kane this season
StatParrottKane
Shots per game3.63.6
Dribbles per game2.61.4
Fouls per game1.91.9
Passes per game23.319.7

I don't like to say it but I think this kids going to be shit hot.

StatParrottKane
Shots per game3.63.6
Dribbles per game2.61.4
Fouls per game1.91.9
Passes per game23.319.7

I don't like to say it but I think this kids going to be shit hot

StatParrottKane
Shots per game3.63.6
Dribbles per game2.61.4
Fouls per game1.91.9
Passes per game23.319.7

You seem to like saying it plenty...

StatParrottKane
Shots per game3.63.6
Dribbles per game2.61.4
Fouls per game1.91.9
Passes per game23.319.7

Would you loan him out or keep him under Poch to train?

17 years old - hmm, not quite yet. If he was more of a unit id say yes, but till hes bulked up a bit the Championship could be a bit much... its a physical, long season there. A year more here then possibly look at giving him a year somewhere

I'd keep him at the club. Keep his head straight and training with the first team whilst doing his bit in the under 23s until he's ready which I honestly dont think will be long.

I've only caught glimpses of him online though but everything I am seeing and reading about seems suited for him to learn off of Harry, Dele etc. Keep him and develop good habits and the right philosophy for Pochettino's style & see how he goes.

17 years old - hmm, not quite yet. If he was more of a unit id say yes, but till hes bulked up a bit the Championship could be a bit much... its a physical, long season there. A year more here then possibly look at giving him a year somewhere

He's done well for the U23s though, surprisingly well in fact. So I'm veering towards not actually buying a striker to replace Llorente and integrating him into the first team next season.

He's done well for the U23s though, surprisingly well in fact. So I'm veering towards not actually buying a striker to replace Llorente and integrating him into the first team next season.

Oh i definitely agree, he's done well for the U23's - but real competitive league football against big bruising experienced centrehalves is a different kettle of fish - plus the move itself, new town, new team mates, yadda yadda. A couple of cameos off the bench in the prem or the cups would be preferable to a season getting walloped.

Regarding Parrott - I'd give him another year of development (occasional cup games and on bench in league for next season)

And then a loan to a lower division club.

Mens football is crucial and it helped Kane out. We see what happens when you don't give talent mens football and experience (KWP) and Parrott plays in arguably the HARDEST position to crack in this Tottenham side.

He needs to follow the Tammy Abraham route here. A loan at the age of 18-19 to a Championship club and go from there.

Oh i definitely agree, he's done well for the U23's - but real competitive league football against big bruising experienced centrehalves is a different kettle of fish - plus the move itself, new town, new team mates, yadda yadda.

Be nice if we've got CL sown up by next week and could give him a run out at Bournemouth maybe.

Next season I think could be too soon. I'd like to see him grow into his body a little more and it become apparent he's completely outgrown that age level of football. Anything can happen but I wouldn't want to rush the kid before he is ready.

If it was down to me I'd utilise Son & Lucas as backup striker alternatives and bring in more quality for competition and variation in midfield. Show the kid there's a genuine gap in the first team for him and let him knuckle down until we simply can't hold him back in the U18s & u23s any longer. If Llorente is offski I'd rather use that slot for a WF or AM with versatility option for next campaign. He seems a confident lad, I'd hate to see us effect that because we threw him into it against fully grown men too soon.

Regarding Parrott - I'd give him another year of development (occasional cup games and on bench in league for next season)

And then a loan to a lower division club.

Mens football is crucial and it helped Kane out. We see what happens when you don't give talent mens football and experience (KWP) and Parrott plays in arguably the HARDEST position to crack in this Tottenham side.

He needs to follow the Tammy Abraham route here. A loan at the age of 18-19 to a Championship club and go from there.
Wouldn’t this also be better for Skipp?

Next season I think could be too soon. I'd like to see him grow into his body a little more and it become apparent he's completely outgrown that age level of football. Anything can happen but I wouldn't want to rush the kid before he is ready.

If it was down to me I'd utilise Son & Lucas as backup striker alternatives and bring in more quality for competition and variation in midfield. Show the kid there's a genuine gap in the first team for him and let him knuckle down until we simply can't hold him back in the U18s & u23s any longer. If Llorente is offski I'd rather use that slot for a WF or AM with versatility option for next campaign. He seems a confident lad, I'd hate to see us effect that because we threw him into it against fully grown men too soon.

There's plenty of strikers who've broken through in the top flight aged 17/18, from Jimmy Greaves to Michael Owen. Like you say, we'd have other options like Son and Lucas, to the point it's difficult to warrant splashing out decent money when you've got a prospect like Parrott coming through. He can also, like Kane, play a more withdrawn role. I personally think we'll see him get PL minutes next season.

100%

Poch seems to do this weird thing of "If you're good enough to sit on our bench, you're not worthy enough to play games for the U23s anymore"

Which is not only the stupidest thing. It hinders our youth. Winks is basically our only success over the last 5 years without any prior mens football experience on his résumé

Parrott will go the same way as Carter-Vickers or Walker-Peters if he isn't given enough game time. He isn't getting that at Spurs with Kane in front of him, so he'll need loans to lower league clubs and eventually a Premier League loan.

Here's hoping we do the right thing.

Last edited:
100%

Poch seems to do this weird thing of "If you're good enough to sit on our bench, you're not worthy enough to play games for the U23s anymore"
I agree with that, yet on the other hand: wouldn’t it be hard for a player anyway, that does the training sessions with the first team, to play the U23 games (with U23’s who train together without him)

Oh i definitely agree, he's done well for the U23's - but real competitive league football against big bruising experienced centrehalves is a different kettle of fish - plus the move itself, new town, new team mates, yadda yadda. A couple of cameos off the bench in the prem or the cups would be preferable to a season getting walloped.

He'll only play if Kane is injured though and while that might mean ten games next season it might mean none. He may only get a few little 5 minute cameos so I'd be tempted to start naming him in squads next season if he does well in pre-season, and let him develop with the first team. He looks too good for the kids from what I've seen. For me, he looks physically really strong for his age so I'm really not worried about that and he looks ready technically from the admittedly limited clips I've seen of him.

Yup. Skipp's ascent into the first team was sped up due to circumstance (Amos' injury and our other injury woes in midfield). Skipp would probably still have gotten the cup games and the odd league run out. But he has essentially taken the starts that were otherwise most likely to go to Luke.

Skipp will probably go on loan next season.

Back
Top Bottom