Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Precisely. If you're not committed to the club I don't see why we should put the player in the shop window so they waltz off to Borussia Dortmund.
If we start seeing our best youth players fucking off it makes an absolute mockery of that whole academy bollocks ENIC sold us all.

I see no problem with not playing Parrott if he isn't committed.

Hopefully he does sign a new deal though. He looks great for his age.

It does seem to be a bit odd for Mourinho to give him his debut then not be in a match day squad in an FA cup match when we have no strikers. Hoping his head hasn't been turned as from what I've seen he looks a great player.

Bullshit about commitment. This is most likely a youg guy who just wants to play football. At the moment his manager is blocking that possibility (either here or loan). I would fully understand Parrott if he'd started thinking about other options

It does seem to be a bit odd for Mourinho to give him his debut then not be in a match day squad in an FA cup match when we have no strikers. Hoping his head hasn't been turned as from what I've seen he looks a great player.
He’s ok. Did well on his debut for Ireland. But “great” is stretching it massively. decent enough youth player. That’s it at the moment.

Too many shades of Jadon Sancho and his City exit here.

Player of 17 not signing a pro contract so club left in limbo.
Play him and put him in the shop window. Foolish.

From the players point of view you can gamble on a move now - increase your wages as the club signing you don’t have to pay a big fee.

Think this is more about money than Mourinho.

I find it strange that mourinho takes this view with young players and contract situations, yet continued to play eriksen with all the nonsense going on around him - even admitting his mind wasn't 100 percent! Reeks of bias towards young players.

Maybe he is under instructions from Levy not to play him until contract situation is resolved. He hinted in the press conference regarding Tanganga that the contract situation was important. If Parrot played and scored a hattrick what was to stop the big spenders like MC knicking him off us for peanuts. Keeping him under the Rador until he signs contract and also reason will not be going on loan.

Bullshit about commitment. This is most likely a youg guy who just wants to play football. At the moment his manager is blocking that possibility (either here or loan). I would fully understand Parrott if he'd started thinking about other options
Yes of course, since Mourinho came in he's gone from regular first team football to none hasn't he, bloody Mourinho...

:mourcheeks:

Yes of course, since Mourinho came in he's gone from regular first team football to none hasn't he, bloody Mourinho...

:mourcheeks:

The weird shit about Mourinho praising him highly in the build-up for the Bayern game. A game that didn't really mean anything. Okay, fair enough that he didn't start, but why on earth did he bring Son for Lucas in the 65th min, just after the score went to 3-1.

Ever since Kane got injured we've played against The Chapionships no. 16 twice. That would also have been a good opportunity to see what the kid could bring. It's not like Son has looked bothered when he's been subbed on.

The weird shit about Mourinho praising him highly in the build-up for the Bayern game. A game that didn't really mean anything. Okay, fair enough that he didn't start, but why on earth did he bring Son for Lucas in the 65th min, just after the score went to 3-1.

Ever since Kane got injured we've played against The Chapionships no. 16 twice. That would also have been a good opportunity to see what the kid could bring. It's not like Son has looked bothered when he's been subbed on.
I do agree there have been a few seemingly ideal opportunities to try him out that have been ignored, just find that there seems to be a narrative amongst some that his opportunities are only now being restricted by Mourinho.

The reality is that they were hardly bountiful under the messiah who preceded him.

I do agree there have been a few seemingly ideal opportunities to try him out that have been ignored, just find that there seems to be a narrative amongst some that his opportunities are only now being restricted by Mourinho.

The reality is that they were hardly bountiful under the messiah who preceded him.

True he didn't play much up to this stage, but when he doesn't seem to have a role to play, I'm dumbfound about Mourinho's comment about Troy not being old enough to get a loan.

Find it funny that people are implying that Mourinho isn't given Parrott game time because he hasn't signed a new contract. Pretty sure the shit show that is Christian Eriksen has been stealing game time from Lo Celso for the entirety of this season for the very same offence.

There's clearly another reason.

Back
Top Bottom