Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Problem for all top managers is how? Do you drop Kane or Son? and if you do what about Lamela and Moura do they not get playing time ... when you have 200m of proven players for those positions already it's very hard to ignore them for an unproven 17 year old

FA Cup games, with luck a run out at Bayern Munich, and some very limited EPL substitute minutes is probably all he can realistically hope top get.
think once you are a team fighting for top 4 managers fear losing so if an experienced player makes a mistake its easier to take than if it was a youngster,
these good lads need 10 mins at end of games for 1/2 of season then get them on loan 2nd half of season to play in teams with men

Chill, mate.
As Johnny said, this is not only about Parrott.

Generally speaking, Poch has been absolutely woeful (contrary to popular belief) in bringing through academy players and giving youngsters a chance. Across 5 seasons he have brought through one player - Harry Winks.

But just as Johnny pointed out- we don't know if it is the quality of our academy players or managers inability to help players take the step.

It’s interesting that the top clubs struggle so much. It’s an area I often talk about with other coaches.

How many Academy players (and especially in certain positions GK for instance) have the top 6 bought through over the last 10 years. Who have been regulars for their clubs for sustained periods of time. Not the odd appearance. Not that many per club.

I think it’s usually due to the best academy players being physically and mentally well developed for their age.
Parrott does seem like an “old” 17. Like Rooney was. Which means he should kick on in the next couple of years.
Onomah was the same. Shone in his own group. Struggled against men.

It’s a big step up.

It's why going out of the League Cup against Col U was doubly annoying...
We may not be looking to win the thing (we're above all that apparently) but a COUPLA more rounds would have given the likes of Parrott & Taganaganana some more '1st Team' experience...

Leading 4-0 with plenty of time left like yesterday would have been a great time to bring Parrot and Skipp on. If you're serious about developing youth. As the situation is at this particular game I'm not unhappy that 3 earlier injured players did get some time. But at 3-0 against the dippers this weekend maybe

Leading 4-0 with plenty of time left like yesterday would have been a great time to bring Parrot and Skipp on. If you're serious about developing youth. As the situation is at this particular game I'm not unhappy that 3 earlier injured players did get some time. But at 3-0 against the dippers this weekend maybe

Our bench was Dier, Lo Celso, Foyth, Eriksen, Lucas & Austin. I see what you're saying but who do we leave out of our squad/ bench options from that to accommodate the kids seeing as we didn't know it was going to be such a coast until it happened?

Woulda been tricky, seeing as Parrott was probably still in his kit over at the training ground after the 9-2 game!!

Of COURSE, I'm being facetious... I know what you mean... but who does Poch drop from the bench...? (I assume Eriksen would be an option for many... seeing as he's almost certainly off soon!!

8 forwards in a mick mcarthy squad is impressive. cunt must be throwing caution to the wind after all these years of shocking hoofball

The hoofball won't change just because he has more attackers. The whole philosophy is to get the ball forward as quick as possible, no matter if you have Messi or Murphy up front

Interesting that McCarthy comments on the fact that Parrott is in that no mans land of travelling and training with the first team (but no first team appearances) and because of that no u23 playing time.

His last game was an u19 game v Read Star Belgrade at home on October 22nd.

Not good for his development.

Playing time is what he needs so starting v New Zealand for Ireland will be good. Just need him to play after that for Spurs (and Ireland)

Interesting that McCarthy comments on the fact that Parrott is in that no mans land of travelling and training with the first team (but no first team appearances) and because of that no u23 playing time.

His last game was an u19 game v Read Star Belgrade at home on October 22nd.

Not good for his development.

Playing time is what he needs so starting v New Zealand for Ireland will be good. Just need him to play after that for Spurs (and Ireland)

Yeah, that's one of the things that has annoyed me throughout Poch's reign: He keeps the most promising young players in the club instead of loaning them out, killing their development and future from the lack of competitive forst team football. It is astonishingly stupid. By noe I thought IT was widely recognized that young players absolutely need to play games to develop.

He's pisses away Edwards, Onomah, KWP already. Skipp and Parrott are the next in line.

Yeah, that's one of the things that has annoyed me throughout Poch's reign: He keeps the most promising young players in the club instead of loaning them out, killing their development and future from the lack of competitive forst team football. It is astonishingly stupid. By noe I thought IT was widely recognized that young players absolutely need to play games to develop.

He's pisses away Edwards, Onomah, KWP already. Skipp and Parrott are the next in line.

Its a massive oversight.

Kane, Rose, Walker. Those 3 greatly benefited from playing competitive football week in week out at a younger age.
Really not sure why he wouldn’t loan them out for the second half of the season at least. At least they play some football and have spent time with him to learn whatever he wants them to learn.

Back
Top Bottom