Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's this shit I hear about him not being under contract and that Munich and Barca are sniffing about?

Hope that's water tight.....

The comments I heard were from Danny Kelly who's a yid and has no reason to shit stir.
Well if he’s said he’s not under contract then he’s talking shit.

The only problem I can see will be the length as that wasn’t announced.

He signed this pro contract in February so at a guess it would’ve been a minimum 18 months which would’ve been a season and a half finishing end of this season.

My opinion it would’ve been a 2 and half year contract.

Last edited:
What's this shit I hear about him not being under contract and that Munich and Barca are sniffing about?

Troy Parrott signed a professional contract on his 17th birthday (4 February 2019) with Spurs, the earliest date he legally could have done so.

However the maximum length of contract that can be legally signed by players under 18 is 3 years.

No doubt he will be offered a new contract either in a years time when he can be offered a 5 year contract, or even before on the basis of performances at Spurs (but if before he's 18 its only another 3 year contract).

The secret of Troy Parrott is now out, that Spurs have one of the best striking prospects in Europe, and can only have been enhanced by his 2 goals for Ireland u21's recently. So no surprise to hear that other big clubs are interested.

Like any player though, a transfer is only ever possible if the player can be persuaded a different club can offer better development/wages etc. So Poch will probably be under pressure to give him some playing time to see how he fares in a mens game earlier rather than later - on the other hand if Parrott is not ready it would be bad to give him much if any playing time as his confidence in himself and Spurs judgement could be affected. So its a balancing act as for any young player.

The fact that Parrott signed a professional contract on his 17th birthday strongly suggests he is/was very happy with Spurs, and I doubt anything will change overnight, so its just a question of keeping his development going over the next year or so.

7 games in 21 days (including Palace) surely there’s some minutes in there for him somewhere.

Would be amazing to see him come on for the last 15 if we are winning by 2 clear goals in Greece.

Give harry a mini breather for Saturday.

Last edited:
...and actually signing the contract in the signing the contract pic...? Amateur hour.
If you look carefully, they've merely superimposed his head onto Troy Archibald-Henville... which explains why Poch isn't in the pic, as he wasn't at the club at the time!!

#debunked

So we're discussing reasons why a 17 year old shouldn't be in our first team picture, meanwhile Barca unleash a 16 year old who is starting ahead of Luis Suarez.

Unless of course Fati is the new incarnation of Freddie Adu.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom