Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just hoping Poch doesn't destroy him with his favouritism and have him sitting on the bench until he's 24
I’m sure he will get his chances as can’t see Kane staying fit all season, it’s just whether he chooses him or son to play as a striker

I don’t usually hype are youngsters, as well, we are far too optimistic about them. But Troy is the real deal. He has killer striker instincts and positioning, characteristics that can’t be taught.

Start him at colchester

Last edited:
Kid's absolute class, no doubt has the ability to make it to the very top. My only concern with him would actually be just how young the lad is. To be this hyped up and THIS god damn good at 17 years of age is just crazy, also doesn't help that he is literally being hailed already as the second coming in Ireland and is rapidly developing into somewhat of a minisuper star.

It will take some excellent coaching and protection (which Spurs are doing tbf, apparently they have banned him from speaking to any media in England) and a really good head on his shoulders to not allow the hype to get to him. From what I've seen so far he appears to be pretty good in this regard though, so here's hoping there's no hiccups and he fulfils his potential.

Kid's absolute class, no doubt has the ability to make it to the very top. My only concern with him would actually be just how young the lad is. To be this hyped up and THIS god damn good at 17 years of age is just crazy, also doesn't help that he is literally being hailed already as the second coming in Ireland and is rapidly developing into somewhat of a minisuper star.

It will take some excellent coaching and protection (which Spurs are doing tbf, apparently they have banned him from speaking to any media in England) and a really good head on his shoulders to not allow the hype to get to him. From what I've seen so far he appears to be pretty good in this regard though, so here's hoping there's no hiccups and he fulfils his potential.

Parrott, Skipp, Sessegnon & Clarke. Very exciting group of players in their teens. We must have one of the best u23 staring XIs going it really is exciting to see how Troy can stamp his claim long term.

I get the feeling Poch hates it when youth players are hyped up by fans and the media. If anything Poch will hold the player back and deliberately not select him until he deems it the right time

Someone let me know how Souleymaine Coulibally is getting on?

Or the Irish Wayne Rooney - Terry Dixon?

Talent at 17 is so dependant on luck with injuries and also if you are more physically developed than your peers.

That’s not even taking into account the mental factor.

Always amazed how much people think throwing in a 17 year old to play against men is a good idea 100% of the time.

Good luck to him. Ultimately he will need it however good he is.

I get the feeling Poch hates it when youth players are hyped up by fans and the media. If anything Poch will hold the player back and deliberately not select him until he deems it the right time
Well as long as he doesn’t jump in and start calling him the Irish Messi we should be good.

Someone let me know how Souleymaine Coulibally is getting on?

Or the Irish Wayne Rooney - Terry Dixon?

Talent at 17 is so dependant on luck with injuries and also if you are more physically developed than your peers.

That’s not even taking into account the mental factor.

Always amazed how much people think throwing in a 17 year old to play against men is a good idea 100% of the time.

Good luck to him. Ultimately he will need it however good he is.
Just looked up Owen Price, retired now and assistant manager at Lorsdwood?? No me neither

Just looked up Owen Price, retired now and assistant manager at Lorsdwood?? No me neither

Yep never heard of him!!

I knew the captain of England schoolboys under 15 of his age group. Pro contract waiting to be signed when he was old enough.

Finished in the pro game by 19. Knee then ankle. Then alcohol and then drugs.

Struggled to play semi pro football once he started drinking.

Could have been a very different story.

Yep never heard of him!!

I knew the captain of England schoolboys under 15 of his age group. Pro contract waiting to be signed when he was old enough.

Finished in the pro game by 19. Knee then ankle. Then alcohol and then drugs.

Struggled to play semi pro football once he started drinking.

Could have been a very different story.
Must have been plenty of players like that over the years. I remember seeing Shaun Murray play for England schoolboys at 15yrs old. He was from Newcastle but signed for us. Looked like a cross between Hoddle and Bryan Robson. Never played for our first team. Left for 30 k to Portsmouth. Just never grew any bigger and couldn’t hack it in a top lge.

Back
Top Bottom