Training Ground

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is so much wrong with how we are playing currently, from Bale refusing to play on the wing to the detriment of the team and his own ability to lack of mental strength but what I really am interested in is what we do in training.

van der Vaart has said in the past that we don't do anything of note, which he likes, this is a terrible deriliction of duty on the part of the entire coaching system. Redknapp's white board is for drawing cocks on or something, not for tactics, and what his croonies do, I don't know.

Our set pieces are atrocious, laughably so. Our formation has no discipline - when, for the fourth time in the first half our left back and left winger where central and wide right respectively I almost swallowed my tongue in rage. We make life difficult for ourselves, which isn't to denegrate the opposition at all, both Norwich and QPR did what they had to fantastically but yesterday we deserved to lose more than QPR deserved to win.

This is a team of talented players, potential and a few water carriers. We have singularly failed to improve when in a position to do so for two January transfer windows in succession, doing so would have revitalised a tiring squad and sent a message that we take seriously the opportunity presented to us. Redknapp talks infuriating nonsense; suggesing he would have gone 4-4-2 yesterday if the players were available is enough to induce an anuerism...I want him out. I want someone who gives a shit about the team and tactics but above all else, the Club and us, the fans. We don't have a divine right to win anything, I don't think anyone would say otherwise but we have a right to see someone who cares and Redknapp isn't that person. I think Thenolious pointed it out (apologies if I am wrong) that Redknapp has achieved beyond expectation earlier on and that has projected a distorted persepective on his abilities, he was brought in to shore things up - he had, and for that I thank him but now we have to further our ambitions.

Sorry for waffling on. Sorry for the poor grammar. There is so much more to say and others who can say it far more eloquently than I can.

I thought this would be about the new training ground.

I would like someone who gave a shit and had attitude like :chico: and was also a good tactician, but we could just stick on football manager over the summer

Just want to say I have been working at the new training ground and believe me folks it's awesome! It gives me hope that the club is going where we all want it to go. It should send out the right message to prospective players we mean business.
Just a shame twitchy seems desperate for us not to get CL next season. I'm as gutted as I have ever been following my beloved spurs over the last 25 years.
Let's try and keep the faith this club is moving forward, trust me I've seen it! COYS

Dannyboy said:
van der Vaart has said in the past that we don't do anything of note, which he likes, this is a terrible deriliction of duty on the part of the entire coaching system. Redknapp's white board is for drawing cocks on or something, not for tactics, and what his croonies do, I don't know.

Our set pieces are atrocious, laughably so. Our formation has no discipline - when, for the fourth time in the first half our left back and left winger where central and wide right respectively I almost swallowed my tongue in rage. We make life difficult for ourselves, which isn't to denegrate the opposition at all, both Norwich and QPR did what they had to fantastically but yesterday we deserved to lose more than QPR deserved to win.

Dereliction of duty indeed. Our lack of positional discipline was fucking criminal against QPR, with Bale (and then bloody Lennon) the biggest perpetrator(s). For the life of me, I don't know what's so wrong with players playing in their best positions.

And it's all well and good having state-of-the-art training facilities, but with lazy muppets like 'Arry and co. at the helm it'll be a bloody waste. Let's just hope the next manager and coaching staff actually do something on the thing, rather than just sending them out there to run around a bit.

the fact is your only as good as your last game, and Harry is now utter shit. he never really takes responsibility for anything, and after saying 4-4-2 made us too open why the hell does he 1. do it the next match and 2. tell us he wanted to do it the match after that. senility has finally kicked in with harry and whilst at the time i was happy he got off now i just wish he had gone to prison and left a hero.

You are spot on about our lack of formation / shape

players just roam aimlessly looking for the ball - at one stage on Saturday we had our entire team bar Friedel and King just passing the ball from right to left and back again in a line in front of their defence

it was so easy for QPR to defend against

Having the training facilities of such a high standard is like giving a camera to a blind man with this jumped up prick at the helm.

The players, someone like van der Vaart or Gallas in particular must be scratching their heads wondering how Redknapp has made it in this business for so long.

9iK5ALi.jpg
7upDprq.jpg

hWyYGa5.jpg

nSsiOn4.jpg

ei5OOjQ.jpg

rPcZiHE.jpg

Would love this. Think what sets the top European academies apart from the UK is that most of them are boarding. The players live there full time, study there, sleep there, and play their football there. As well as the obvious thing of giving the players more time to play football, this also must surely build the team ethos and if / when a few of them progress to the first team, this can only be a good thing.

I spent a couple of weeks living and training at the Sporting CP academy in Portugal and I can safely say it's the most I've ever developed as a player in such a short space of time. More so than anything I've ever done in England. A lot of this was because you were living there - you really felt like it was home for that time and it makes you train better for sure.

I spent a couple of weeks living and training at the Sporting CP academy in Portugal and I can safely say it's the most I've ever developed as a player in such a short space of time. More so than anything I've ever done in England. A lot of this was because you were living there - you really felt like it was home for that time and it makes you train better for sure.

Eric, is that you?

There are times when I think the club is run awfully, where there seems to be no plan other than scraping as many pennies as possible and going no where as a result. And then there are other times, like this, where we're actually keeping up with Man City, Chelsea etc and progressing as a club, but with a much smaller budget and it makes you feel proud of the club. The emphasis really does seem to be on youth development. Preparing the club for hard times ahead with the stadium debt?

There are times when I think the club is run awfully, where there seems to be no plan other than scraping as many pennies as possible and going no where as a result. And then there are other times, like this, where we're actually keeping up with Man City, Chelsea etc and progressing as a club, but with a much smaller budget and it makes you feel proud of the club. The emphasis really does seem to be on youth development. Preparing the club for hard times ahead with the stadium debt?
Perhaps. It may also be simply more efficient that relying on an over-priced transfer market. Especially if you have trainibg consistent with the first team, so transitions between in-coming and out-going players are easier.

Pochettino was partly hired with a mandate to "play the kids", and he's said more than once (at Soton and here) that English clubs need to trust their youth products more.

I think a hazy outline of the future of the club is visible, or at least, Levy's ideal case.

There is so much wrong with how we are playing currently, from Bale refusing to play on the wing to the detriment of the team and his own ability to lack of mental strength but what I really am interested in is what we do in training.

This is a team of talented players, potential and a few water carriers. We have singularly failed to improve when in a position to do so for two January transfer windows in succession, doing so would have revitalised a tiring squad and sent a message that we take seriously the opportunity presented to us. Redknapp talks infuriating nonsense; suggesing he would have gone 4-4-2 yesterday if the players were available is enough to induce an anuerism...I want him out. I want someone who gives a shit about the team and tactics but above all else, the Club and us, the fans. We don't have a divine right to win anything, I don't think anyone would say otherwise but we have a right to see someone who cares and Redknapp isn't that person. I think Thenolious pointed it out (apologies if I am wrong) that Redknapp has achieved beyond expectation earlier on and that has projected a distorted persepective on his abilities, he was brought in to shore things up - he had, and for that I thank him but now we have to further our ambitions.

Sorry for waffling on. Sorry for the poor grammar. There is so much more to say and others who can say it far more eloquently than I can.
Was this written two and a half years ago, or yesterday?

Some people seem to think that most of our problems are something new, after all.

Stephen Collins, of Lavender Hill, Enfield, is appalled at what he says, is continued “slicing away” at green belt land.

He said: “Tottenham moved up there in 2007 and all they have done since is carve and carve away at the green belt.

Bloody hipster worrying about his green belt!
:vdvshh:

Stephen Collins, of Lavender Hill, Enfield, is appalled at what he says, is continued “slicing away” at green belt land.

He said: “Tottenham moved up there in 2007 and all they have done since is carve and carve away at the green belt.

Bloody hipster worrying about his green belt!
:vdvshh:

To be fair we have carved into greenbelt land with what appears to be majority football pitches not a fucking oil refinery.

Back
Top Bottom