Training Ground

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking incredible! #notonebrick #Levyout
lodge_image1.jpg

lodge_image10.jpg

lodge_image2.jpg

lodge_image3.jpg

lodge_image4.jpg

lodge_image5.jpg

lodge_image6.jpg

lodge_image7.jpg

lodge_image8.jpg

lodge_image9.jpg

lodge_image11.jpg

lodge_image13.jpg

lodge_image18.jpg

lodge_image14.jpg

lodge_image15.jpg

lodge_image16.jpg

lodge_image17.jpg

So how often will the lodge be used and by who?

International teams staying for friendlies qualifiers
Visiting European teams (ones not playing Spurs)
Possibly a base for other sports teams (Rugby, cricket) before major matches in the UK?

I guess the point I am making is, as nice as this place looks, its going to be empty most of the time?

Last edited:

Possibly a base for other sports teams (Rugby, cricket) before major matches in the UK?

I guess the point I am making is, as nice as this place looks, its going to be empty most of the time.
It will be used by Spurs teams before every home game as well as the options you mentioned.

And Spurs has more than just a first team so there is the option to allow the u23s, ladies etc to use it ahead of games as well.

It will be used by Spurs teams before every home game as well as the options you mentioned.

And Spurs has more than just a first team so there is the option to allow the u23s, ladies etc to use it ahead of games as well.
Also London away games. It’s a great idea and one that will be copied by other clubs.

Also London away games. It’s a great idea and one that will be copied by other clubs.
What makes it even better is it’s not been given to us. The Stadium or the Training facilities.
Man City have something similar at their training complex. Yet it’s no time like they had to worry about the money to build it.

What’s happened the last few years on and off the field has made be really proud to be Spurs.

I hope Willian has a good look about before we stick him out in the courtyard with a sleeping bag.

I guess the point I am making is, as nice as this place looks, its going to be empty most of the time?
Tottenham reaping rewards of Pochettino’s vision, on and off the pitch | David Hytner

It numbers among the many construction projects at Tottenham Hotspurbut, perhaps, it is the one to have drifted under the radar. The London club have committed £30m to the building of a 45-bedroom player hotel on a site adjacent to their Enfield training ground and the rationale is illuminating.

Mauricio Pochettino and his staff are obsessed with marginal gains, with new angles and the creation of the optimum environment, and the private player accommodation lodge, as it is officially known, is another example of the growth that they are seeking.

When it is completed next spring the players will be able to stay there on their return, for example, from European away ties in the small hours of the morning, rather than have to drive home. They would then be on site and that bit fresher for training later in the day. It is a small detail but one Pochettino and the club believe can add value. Recovery after matches is a key area and good sleep is the No1 facilitator of it.

The lodge will feature a medical suite which includes hydrotherapy and rehabilitation facilities, and it will ooze five-star luxury. At the moment the players rest in the recreation room at the training centre in between double sessions. They will switch over to the lodge once it is ready.

Manchester City have something similar at their training ground and so, too, do Real Madrid – the club Spurs took on in Tuesday’s Champions League group game at the Bernabéu. The European champions represent the benchmark in so many areas and what thrilled Pochettino and the visiting support went some way beyond the point they gained from the 1-1 draw.

Wasn't the main idea some sort of youth training system? I thought the way it was designed was supposed to encourage the players and coaches to be around each other.

Wasn't the main idea some sort of youth training system? I thought the way it was designed was supposed to encourage the players and coaches to be around each other.
That too. It will be used as a social area for trainers and players during the day. But also as a form of living space for the players before and after games.

Promote social interaction within the club to build a better functioning spirit and culture within the sporting ranks. When you play for Juve, you are Juve. When you play for Real Madrid, you are Real Madrid. We want something similar

Back
Top Bottom