Tottenham's 17/18 Champions league campaign

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liverpool will go out to the first decent team they play. They had the easiest group (and only qualified in the last match) and drew arguably the worst team in the last 16. They haven’t been tested yet - we have. I’d like to play them at some point - we’re due an easy draw.

We’ve taken 6 points off the hipsters wet dream team in Dortmund, 4 points off the holders, and are on top in a tie against last years beaten finalists. Yet Liverpool are better odds to win it than we are. Even though we’ve taken 4 points off them this season. When they play a good side they’ll get fucking embarrassed, I really hope we get them in the quarters if we finish off juve

We’ve taken 6 points off the hipsters wet dream team in Dortmund, 4 points off the holders, and are on top in a tie against last years beaten finalists. Yet Liverpool are better odds to win it than we are. Even though we’ve taken 4 points off them this season. When they play a good side they’ll get fucking embarrassed, I really hope we get them in the quarters if we finish off juve

I'm not convinced there are many really 'good' sides in the competition, not compared to the Premier League teams.

Not demeaning our performances but Juve and Real aren't as good as they were (previously they were light years better than us), neither are Barca and Bayern, PSG always look wank......they won't be scared of Roma or Shaktar.

Same goes for us of course, but I think we are going to need to beat City, United or Liverpool at some stage to win the trophy.

They have a 5-0 lead in their tie and we are currently drawn with one of Europe’s biggest clubs.

Not hard to see why their odds are better

Agree with much of the comments. Winning the CL whilst bumping off a shopping list of all the greatest teams is far more desirable than sneaking through against shyte teams.
Aubameyang’s Dortmund
Ronaldo’s Real
Dybala’s Juve
Messi’s Barcelona
Neymar’s PSG
Müller’s Bayern...

It’s just few 90min games, of course we can do it. COYS

I remember when Adrian Durham, Jim White and every other pundit/rival fan said the only reason we beat Madrid was because they are out of form this season.

In the Champions League they’re a different animal, I wouldn’t be surprised if they win it again.

We are genuinely one of the best teams in the competition.

So what's the likely quarter finals?

Man City
Liverpool
Real Madrid
Man Utd
Roma
Barcelona
Bayern Munich

Shit gets real once we get through.

Would love Roma to be honest (or Shakhtar if they go through instead).

Don't really want any other English club, though if we did I'd prefer we got United.

Also don't really want Real Madrid. I think we may give Bayern a great game though.

Shaktar should have won by so much more in the first leg. they'll go through they're a better side than Roma. I think Sevilla are more than capable of beating United tbh.

IF we get through I want Bayern or Barca

So what's the likely quarter finals?

Man City
Liverpool
Real Madrid
Man Utd
Roma
Barcelona
Bayern Munich

Shit gets real once we get through.

Would love Roma to be honest (or Shakhtar if they go through instead).

Don't really want any other English club, though if we did I'd prefer we got United.

Also don't really want Real Madrid. I think we may give Bayern a great game though.
Haha big talk eh fella, which would typically precede us getting fingered 0-2

I’m confident we’ll beat Juve, and if we beat Juve I’m confident we can win it all, and I also have no confidence, if ya get me

FFS, Liverpool couldn't even get a win against Sevilla home or away. Good luck when they get drawn against a proper team.

And as much as I respect Salah, don't get me started on the player of the year discussion being Salah v De Bruyne without mention of HKane.

FFS, Liverpool couldn't even get a win against Sevilla home or away. Good luck when they get drawn against a proper team.

And as much as I respect Salah, don't get me started on the player of the year discussion being Salah v De Bruyne without mention of HKane.

Seriously, if Salah, De Bruyne or Messi had produced Kane’s 2 assists this season, we’d be seeing them on the side of buses, repeated on Sky every 15 minutes and there would be a day named after it.

A bit annoyed PSG have gone out. Emery will be sacked now.. and I know Poch loves Spurs and wants to win something with us. I just don’t like all the media attention it suddenly gets.

Back
Top Bottom