Tottenham Vs Red Star - 22nd Oct 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was 46 years ago yesterday that Spurs played Aberdeen away in the UEFA Cup. A young Borodin55 (I was 18) and three friends became lost from our mates in the Granite City and wandered around trying to find them. We turned a street corner only to be confronted by about 30 Scots. I had a warm wet feeling in the back of my trousers as they approached us singing loudly. Next thing we knew the four of us were standing by a bar with a pint of "heavy" in our hands trying to decipher what they were saying to us about the match.

The fact we were still breathing may well have had to do with the game ending 1-1 . Ralph Coates (remember him ?) scored after 15 minutes but the man who saved my life that night was called Hermiston. He equalised for Aberdeen in the 87th minute.

We stuffed them 4-1 in the return leg. Happy memory now, but not at the time 💩

It was 46 years ago yesterday that Spurs played Aberdeen away in the UEFA Cup. A young Borodin55 (I was 18) and three friends became lost from our mates in the Granite City and wandered around trying to find them. We turned a street corner only to be confronted by about 30 Scots.
I reckon you chinned at least 5 of them.

It was 46 years ago yesterday that Spurs played Aberdeen away in the UEFA Cup. A young Borodin55 (I was 18) and three friends became lost from our mates in the Granite City and wandered around trying to find them. We turned a street corner only to be confronted by about 30 Scots. I had a warm wet feeling in the back of my trousers as they approached us singing loudly. Next thing we knew the four of us were standing by a bar with a pint of "heavy" in our hands trying to decipher what they were saying to us about the match.

The fact we were still breathing may well have had to do with the game ending 1-1 . Ralph Coates (remember him ?) scored after 15 minutes but the man who saved my life that night was called Hermiston. He equalised for Aberdeen in the 87th minute.

Was there for the 2nd leg. Chris McGrath was lodging at my mate's house at the time.
His name was Dean Neal - who forged a decent career at Millwall. His brother John also played for them, and did a Ready Break advert ("central heating for kids") as a nipper.
Would see Chris in the local paper shop sometimes - corner of WHL and the Great Cambridge Road.

Funny how the memory can play tricks with you.
I felt sure that Joe Harper had played against us in the 2nd leg. But having checked, he'd already gone to Everton by then.

Tottenham: 48 fans banned for selling tickets to Red Star Belgrade supporters.

Wish i knew who they was, the pricks.
This is good news. People flogging tickets to opposition fans (probably for a profit) deserve at least this punishment. I think the club ought to publicise this move to the membership. Maybe a pop up on the ticket site at the checkout for a while.

Lol this is largely my experience of Scotland as well though I suppose I’m at least (?) 50% ethnically Scottish. The fine line between absolute violence and drunken temporary friendship, then back to violence, then friendship again for a bit, then threat of violence that seems friendly, then halfhearted violence, then apathy, then vomiting.

Only ever seen us play in Scotland on three occasions.
88/89 - Pre-season friendly at Tannadice. One of Gazza's first games for us. Went by National coaches - 11 hours each way. Amazing to see in real life just how close Dundee Utd and Dundee are to each other.
89/90 - Pre-season friendly at Ibrox. Went up by train. Two of us drinking in a pub close to the ground with Rangers fans - good as gold. Missed the train back to London and had to kip on a bench in the station - before getting the morning train.
11/12 - Hearts in the Europa. Stayed for a couple of nights and took in the festival. Never did find out why there was a stuffed owl inside the roof of the away section that evening.

This is good news. People flogging tickets to opposition fans (probably for a profit) deserve at least this punishment. I think the club ought to publicise this move to the membership. Maybe a pop up on the ticket site at the checkout for a while.

Just publicise their names, pictures and seatnumbers for the next home match. Possibly replace their seat with a red one and black gothic letters "TRAITOR".

Karma will even out the rest.

Just publicise their names, pictures and seatnumbers for the next home match. Possibly replace their seat with a red one and black gothic letters "TRAITOR".

Karma will even out the rest.
I think you misunderstand. The report stated they were not season ticket holders but one Hotspur members. They do not have a regular seat but need to buy seats when they wish to go. They have been banned from buying seats indefinitely and therefore will not be there.

I think you misunderstand. The report stated they were not season ticket holders but one Hotspur members. They do not have a regular seat but need to buy seats when they wish to go. They have been banned from buying seats indefinitely and therefore will not be there.

Great, in that case we have their private residential adresses too. Beam them all onto the jumbotron.

Nobody should be making money speculating against the club.

Unless it's Levy, naturally

Back
Top Bottom