Tottenham Vs Red Star - 22nd Oct 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And some people might feel entitled to chin them.

I certainly did. Every time we got past the halfway line or got a corner the muppet in front of me started recording a new video in case we scored. Why didn't he wait until he got home and then record the goals off his TV screen when Sky News showed them? He could have got Poch's interview too then.

I certainly did. Every time we got past the halfway line or got a corner the muppet in front of me started recording a new video in case we scored. Why didn't he wait until he got home and then record the goals off his TV screen when Sky News showed them?
Probably so he immediately could upload the clip to his Twitter account with 289 followers.

I feel this is a disgrace for Tottenham, I am aware that it would of been problematic to remove a large group of people, however, I think Tottenham made the completely wrong choice.

What kind of message does this send in regards to the punishments for racist behaviour?

Does this deter fans after being banned from trying it again? Certainly not, it will encourage them to still travel and it will be ok.

UEFA and the premier league are correctly making a big push trying to make racist behaviour unnaceptable.

Their punishment by UEFA for repeated racist abuse was a banning of attending this match.

If the punishments are not enforced, this is weak and unnaceptable in my opinion.

I did not see or hear the fans on the night yesterday doing anything wrong, but this is beside the point and irrelevant. They were aware of the banning order, and sadly even if they were behaving well these punishments for serious offences previously must be acted upon.

I am very disappointed with Tottenham’s decision, and what UEFA will do, or should I say not do about this.

I've seen you throwing your money around all over the place on here for tickets.

The Issue here is with the members who've allowed their tickets to get into the hands of the touts who re-sold them to away fans.

Offering a grand for a pair to anyone who'll take it hardly discourages that does it?

To remove 200 serbians from a football stand surrounded by a few thousand rival supporters would have been insane and taken 400 police-ridiculous to suggest otherwise imo.
They did the right thing, only way to combat this is to life ban anyone who sells their tickets to the cunts-simple.

Not always as cut and dry I'm afraid.

Tbf to the Serbian lads, that's pretty intense support, I doubt you'd find me in with the away fans in a foreign country...I got complimented some tickets for QPR - Spurs at Loftus Road, was a little disappointing not being able to get too excited...

...not to worry, we lost 1-0, some of them twigged anyway and they gave me a nice clap and a bit of banter as I meekly fucked off at about the 87th minute with my mate Dave.

Think it was Fabric's birthday that weekend, some craic.

Rightly or wrongly, I think Spurs just decided to do the “civilised” thing and move the Red Star fans into an area, keep them all together and hopefully they would just watch the match, behave and go home.
As opposed to trying to turf them out and they fight back and innocent bystanders get hurt and they go on a bit of a rampage in the streets around the stadium.
You can make an argument for either letting them stay or kicking them out, neither solution was perfect.
Spurs will most likely be fined by UEFA anyway.

Rightly or wrongly, I think Spurs just decided to do the “civilised” thing and move the Red Star fans into an area, keep them all together and hopefully they would just watch the match, behave and go home.
As opposed to trying to turf them out and they fight back and innocent bystanders get hurt and they go on a bit of a rampage in the streets around the stadium.
You can make an argument for either letting them stay or kicking them out, neither solution was perfect.
Spurs will most likely be fined by UEFA anyway.
Should have rounded them up and herded them into the trophy room. Couldn't do any damage in there.
:dierno:
:troll:

EDIT: Seems I totally missed the boat on this 'in-joke' ...apparently everyone but me got it...
Genuinely Sorry for outburst! :pochbye:

I need to listen to the podcast more don't I...?

The irony being given a yellow card for quoting the forum's podcast lol.

It's fine though, thanks for the heads up

Not always as cut and dry I'm afraid.

Tbf to the Serbian lads, that's pretty intense support, I doubt you'd find me in with the away fans in a foreign country...I got complimented some tickets for QPR - Spurs at Loftus Road, was a little disappointing not being able to get too excited...

...not to worry, we lost 1-0, some of them twigged anyway and they gave me a nice clap and a bit of banter as I meekly fucked off at about the 87th minute with my mate Dave.

Think it was Fabric's birthday that weekend, some craic.
I was in the scum part of the Clock End - Sept 1990. The game finished 0-0 but there was no way I could have kept quiet if we had scored.

Back
Top Bottom