Tottenham Vs Red Star - 22nd Oct 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thanks for your time here Zvezda, I thought you played OK despite the result.

One question, you said earlieryou were "from Zvezda" - that means the team, right? I assume "Zvezda" means "Red" or "Star", it's not a neighbourhood of Belgrade is it? The reason I ask is that somes the foreign translations of team's names is wrong, like "Athletic Bilbao" (Athletic Club), Sporting Lisbon (Sporting Club), even "Glagow Rangers" (Rangers) here in the UK

I thought before the game that we would lose 3-0 and that we would be ultra defensive. As it turned out we played a more open game which suited your boys. Have to say that despite the limits of our forward players ( van la Parra) played for Huddersfield last year we created a few half chances. Against a better team, you would have been punished. Crvena Zvezda means Red Star. The club was formed after the Second World War and the name is a reference to the Communist regime. Partisan is named after the Communist fighters in the Second World War. I live in the UK and, you may not like to hear this, but my main team is Leicestet

We need at least a draw at Anfield now. Then we can say we've turned the corner.
I'd take a draw, for sure. But most of all, we need a performance that shows we've turned the corner and last night wasn't a one-off. I believe it's possible to go to Anfield and lose, but still show we're back. A win would be amazing :)

I was in the South Stand tonight and literally everyone stood for the entire game, so hopefully better than that.
That's my point. I had to stand behind a really tall bloke in the South Stand on Saturday. It made a very bad game even worse for me. I don't blame the bloke in front of me, who had no choice. I blame the selfish macho morons at the front (and elsewhere) who think they're proving a point by not sitting down, because they don't have a brain cell between them. I shall never buy a ticket for the South Stand again.
On this occasion, the guy with dwarfism was luckier than me. He was about 5 rows below me, but he could see because the person in front of him was a smallish girl.
Having paid for a ticket it shouldn't be down to luck whether you actually get to see the game or not.

"A club spokesman said: "Red Star supporters illegally obtained individual tickets on Level 5 and made their way around to one section of the stadium in order to congregate as a group. "Stewards and police contained the group as it was too large a number to eject."

So, that's how the Sods in the Gods did it.
Usual uefa then. Ban fans. But still let delegates in. And their invites. And then blame it all on "illegal tickets" to cover their asses. Probably fine us for good measure, just to make sure everyone know when they do a hash tag, they mean it.
Shouldn't they be deemed to have breached their ban then and receive further sanctions?
Yet the BAG BAN on Spurs fans was vigorously enforced!!
(Any bags bigger than a postage stamp weren't allowed in...)
Which resulted in around 200+ (judging by the length of the line) SPURS fans who were forced to queue AND PAY to 'drop their bag' in Worcester Ave... many missing the first 20 mins (and first coupla goals I imagine!)

Don't they realise how many people are coming from WORK for a midweek game? Of all the nights to enforce such a rule!

Yet roughly the same number (200+) of the meanest looking Serbians... CLAD in BLACK waltzed in!
Who did the stewards THINK they were??
It's probably 'cos they didn't have BAGS!

Nice one Spurs... know which side your bread is buttered!

Last edited:
I blame the selfish macho morons at the front (and elsewhere) who think they're proving a point by not sitting down, because they don't have a brain cell between them. I shall never buy a ticket for the South Stand again.
On this occasion, the guy with dwarfism was luckier than me. He was about 5 rows below me, but he could see because the person in front of him was a smallish girl.
Having paid for a ticket it shouldn't be down to luck whether you actually get to see the game or not.
Yeah, I bet he counts his blessing EVERY day!
Still, I suppose you reckon that with all that free CHOCOLATE he gets from working at Willy Wonkas, life must be pretty sweet!

Jeezz!!!!

Yet the BAG BAN on Spurs fans was vigorously enforced!!
(Any bags bigger than a postage stamp weren't allowed in... about the same 200+ SPURS fans were forced to queue AND PAY to 'drop their bag' in Worcester Ave... many missing the first 20 mins (and first coupla goals I imagine!)
Don't they realise how many people are coming from WORK for a midweek game? Of all the nights to enforce such a rule!

Yet 200+ of the meanest looking Serbians... CLAD in BLACK waltzed in!
Who did the stewards THINK they were??
It's probably 'cos they didn't have BAGS!

Nice one Spurs... know which side your bread is buttered!
That's bad isn't it? While I was waiting for the Lucky Wife's bag to be searched I had a chat to the steward operating the airport-style security gate. When I informed him, in my normal humble way, that his gates were probably just fake, to my surprise he told me they were rubbish. He said they wouldn't stop any dangerous implement from getting through. On reflection, he's right, because I keep my keys on a long chain made up of large metal rings and although it's been in my trouser pocket on the last 2 occasions it hasn't set off any alarms.

So, the score stands... Cheese Sandwiches 1 - 2 Dangerous Metal Items.

ps - so glad I took the Lucky Wife last night. We even exceeded my 4-0 prediction.

Yeah, I bet he counts his blessing EVERY day!
Still, I suppose you reckon that with all that free CHOCOLATE he gets from working at Willy Wonkas, life must be pretty sweet!

Jeezz!!!!

That's a pretty unacceptable post, even if you were attempting irony.

This was my view. I repeat, the guy with dwarfism was luckier* than me. He had an unimpeded view of the game. I paid good money to look at the back of his head and to be honest, it wasn't worth it. After a minute I'd seen all I needed to see.

7IO81I1.jpg

Given Saturday's performance, some might disagree.

Last edited:
This is where I start regretting not buying a ticket...game time approaching and phone keeps pinging with people asking where I am.

Hopefully I will regret it even more at full-time.
Don't think I wasn't being serious. If we're winning 5-0 whilst you're sat at home, I'm truly requesting you stay away from the new stadium. I'll buy you a lifetime supply of tea and hobnobs if it helps.

That's a pretty unacceptable post, even if you were attempting irony.

This was my view. I repeat, the guy with dwarfism was luckier* than me. He had an unimpeded view of the game. I paid good money to look at the back of his head and to be honest, it wasn't worth it. After a minute I'd seen all I needed to see.

7IO81I1.jpg

Given Saturday's performance, some might disagree.
Nice jacket... yes, IT WAS irony... despite what constitutes 'acceptability' comparing 90 minutes of having to look at someone's jacket, with the 'luck' of someone with dwarfism strikes ME as pretty unacceptable turn of phrase too...

Still, we're not gonna fall out over it.. the guy in front looks like he was the only one in the vicinity standing up... though I'm sure he wasn't...

For what it's worth, there were plenty of people moving DOWN TO THE FRONT (where most of the standing was, to be fair) in the 2nd half, from back where they were (presumably) sitting/standing, and being told to sit down!!

Everyone should stand up in that stand IMO
They do now. But last time I attended (Southampton), they didn't.

I don't think there's any going back on it, but people should be informed of it before they buy a ticket, just in case they're short in stature.

Well done Spurs and well done Poch. It's no coincidence that with no Rose, Toby & Eriksen on the pitch the hunger was back and the defence was much better. As well as scrapping the bloody diamond. Let this be a turning point. 4-2-3-1 from now on with only players who want to fight for the team. Onto Anfield. COYS.

Nice jacket... yes, IT WAS irony... despite what constitutes 'acceptability' comparing 90 minutes of having to look at someone's jacket, with the 'luck' of someone with dwarfism strikes ME as pretty unacceptable turn of phrase too...

Still, we're not gonna fall out over it.. the guy in front looks like he was the only one in the vicinity standing up... though I'm sure he wasn't...

For what it's worth, there were plenty of people moving DOWN TO THE FRONT (where most of the standing was, to be fair) in the 2nd half, from back where they were (presumably) sitting/standing, and being told to sit down!!
You think my statement was unacceptable because you're wilfully misinterpreting it, to enable you to attempt to be witty. The guy was luckier than me because he had an uninterrupted view. Get it?

As for your other thoughts - EVERYONE in the lower tier was standing throughout the entire game. I was just unlucky to be behind a tall person. Nobody was being told to sit down in the lower tier. The stewards did nothing. They've given up.

That's my point. I had to stand behind a really tall bloke in the South Stand on Saturday. It made a very bad game even worse for me. I don't blame the bloke in front of me, who had no choice. I blame the selfish macho morons at the front (and elsewhere) who think they're proving a point by not sitting down, because they don't have a brain cell between them. I shall never buy a ticket for the South Stand again.
To be fair, the South Stand has been prepared for safe standing. It doesn't take a genius to work out that if you buy a ticket in that area, you're more likely to have to stand or have people standing around you.

It's like taking a young child to their first game in the middle of the South Stand against Chelsea and expected people not to swear.

People need to use a bit of common sense when buying tickets instead of moaning about other people all the time.

Back
Top Bottom