Tottenham Vs Red Star - 22nd Oct 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a difference from the last few weeks.
A true team performance from the front to the back.
I know the opposition weren't up to much, but that hasn't stopped us playing s*** against other poor teams.
Very happy bunny tonight and nothing to do with vodka intake prior to the game.
COYS

This is the thing, I know this was a bunch of farmers but we got knocked out of the cup by an equally shit team and put in a much worse performance that night.

It's the commitment I witnessed tonight that was the difference imo.

It's just that Poch needs to have the guts to drop the players not giving 100% now, names shouldn't matter because every player on that pitch tonight did the badge proud and that's what I want to see, I don't want to see quitters in this team anymore.

if you watched the game closely dier was the first midfielder to collect the ball in the middle from defense he then slots in the middle to sure up the defense very much needed sissoko ndembele lo celso love going foward we need protection for our defense.

FFS, that was 20 minutes against a shit team already 4-0 up.

It's completely different in real life, against half decent teams.

Get in there!

Feels like the season started tonight - totally wasn't expecting that level of performance and pleased to proven wrong.

You could argue that they were poor, but we've been beating ourselves last few weeks so this was a massive performance and result.

If I had to moan about something I was screaming at Poch to get Lo Celso on from the 60th minute, Not sure how we are going to ever bed him in if he only gets 10 minutes.

But well pleased with that

COYS!
GLC has just come back from injury, he won't get much more than 10 minutes for a couple of weeks yet.

Forgot to add Erik was brilliant today. May not come off every time but I think hes probably the best player we have in close situations tightly marked, rolls the ball around with the sides of his feet so very well. Committed tackler as well - and applause for not getting his regulation yellow card when he timed that tackle in the second half to perfection

Turned down an invite to watch this with a buddy at the neighbourhood “italian sports bar/café.” Feeling a bit out of the loop... The line-up looked good, can anyone summarize the performance?

Ben had a good game as did Serge

Poch finally realizing that these guys need to be more defensive minded and not responsible for bombing down the wings. Spread our forward players wider.

Yes, right now it's sexy to have your FBs play as wingers, but we don't have the horses for that.

We have to consider the oppo but did anybody else think Ndombele was shades of Dembele tonight? imperious as times.

Looks like he is getting up to speed with the pace
Was always gonna take some time, but this was a very decent and promising performance with 2 good assists as well, I think he's at 60% now.

Sometimes it's easy to forget that he's only 22 years old.

Yeah, thought that after clicking Post, sorry Tangers<

:pochhail:
And Sissoko too, worked his arse off. All of them really, one thing I really liked was how we kept it going, even at 4 up, 5 up, kept hungry. We really, really needed a performance like that.

I don't think Red Star were that bad actually, they kept playing throughout, very clean game too (the Spanish blokes were amazed there wasn't a yellow card till near the end, they were angry with themselves for the "curse of the commentator" when one finally appeared), ref had an easy game.

In that sense it was the perfect match for us, an opponent that kept coming

Davies in a back three with Foyth and Sanchez even?

As my father would say, have you been at the wacky baccy?

Would definitely keep with the back 4. What will be interesting is if Poch decides to go with a back five at Anfield instead. Personally, I hope not. I think we have to develop some sort of consistent defensive line. Tonight looked like about as good as we can get at the moment.

Poch finally realizing that these guys need to be more defensive minded and not responsible for bombing down the wings. Spread our forward players wider.

Yes, right now it's sexy to have your FBs play as wingers, but we don't have the horses for that.

And Rose doesn’t start on Sunday for me

Back
Top Bottom