Tottenham vs Liverpool (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course, the downside, Walker gets his taste of the attack (like Bale did back in the day) and wants no part of the RB position.
See, I think that that has already happened. Walker has already been quoted as saying he prefers attacking. Whether he's nominally a right-midfielder or not doesn't matter, I think. He's already one of our primary attacking outlets down the right flank, it's just he acts more like a traditional touch-line hugging winger in those instances rather than the modern inside forward that the modern game is increasingly favoring. In many ways, that's what is expected of the modern fullback, which is a term that probably be struck from the modern game in favor of wingback, but his recurring mental lapses this season are cause for concern that maybe he's not cut out for the greater amount of responsibility that comes as a modern fullback. That's not a knock against him, per se, just an observation that in the modern game fullback may be the most difficult position to play.

I'm not going full-on knee jerk, though. The kid is still just 22. Everyone should remember that. He's got a good few years before he's expected to hit his prime. Right now it's a really, really nice problem to have.

See, I think that that has already happened. Walker has already been quoted as saying he prefers attacking. Whether he's nominally a right-midfielder or not doesn't matter, I think. He's already one of our primary attacking outlets down the right flank, it's just he acts more like a traditional touch-line hugging winger in those instances rather than the modern inside forward that the modern game is increasingly favoring. In many ways, that's what is expected of the modern fullback, which is a term that probably be struck from the modern game in favor of wingback, but his recurring mental lapses this season are cause for concern that maybe he's not cut out for the greater amount of responsibility that comes as a modern fullback. That's not a knock against him, per se, just an observation that in the modern game fullback may be the most difficult position to play.

I'm not going full-on knee jerk, though. The kid is still just 22. Everyone should remember that. He's got a good few years before he's expected to hit his prime. Right now it's a really, really nice problem to have.

No, I agree. He is still young and the fanbase needs to be patient

The thing that is frustrating are those mental lapses. Just use your head and be smart out there. It something that he has failed miserable at all year.

Maybe we should've done a 'Bale' with Walker, and 'officially' moved him up to the right wing to replace Lennon instead of Demebele, then Dembele could've gone back in the middle, Livermore stayed on the bench, and Walker wouldn't have been in THAT position to play THAT ball to Downing... it would've been all Naughton's fault!!!

Right then, where are the blueprints for that Time Machine i've been working on...?

No, I agree. He is still young and the fanbase needs to be patient

The thing that is frustrating are those mental lapses. Just use your head and be smart out there. It something that he has failed miserable at all year.

The biggest shame of it is, had Defoe been making the same run Downing was (albeit at the other end of the pitch) maybe Walker would've had an outlet to lump it to, instead of him and Dawson not really having any other options...
...mind you, even at 22, he should've realised that even kicking it out for a throw was a better bet than attempting what he attempted... which reminds me, what the HELL type of ball WAS he attempting? I'd really like to hear his thoughts on what the fuck he actually thought he was trying to achieve!!

Maybe we should've done a 'Bale' with Walker, and 'officially' moved him up to the right wing to replace Lennon instead of Demebele, then Dembele could've gone back in the middle, Livermore stayed on the bench, and Walker wouldn't have been in THAT position to play THAT ball to Downing... it would've been all Naughton's fault!!!

Right then, where are the blueprints for that Time Machine i've been working on...?
Can you start with keeping Ledley out of the game where his knee first went dodgy?

Back
Top Bottom