Tottenham Vs Huddersfield - 13th April.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
🪃🦘 Bonza!! 🦘🪃
My first PL game at the new stadium.

Huds.jpg

COYS!!

Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif

My eldest is coming with me. I'm buzzing to see her face when she sees the new stadium. She's 21 now.

I will always remember how wide her eyes were looking at the old WHL when I took her to her first game when she was 7.

Had to give ur post a like just for the sheer balls on you to mention your 21 year old daughter on here. Fair play butty...fair play! Lol

Finishing in the top 4 is still by far our most likely route of getting back into the Champions League next season.

Moura bound to start I feel and then just a matter of who recovers but no messing and no letting up.

Rest one of the central defenders, play Davies but thereafter lets get this game won quickly.

My XI for this game would be:

4-2-3-1

-------------------Lloris
KWP---Davinson---Vertonghen---Davies
-------Wanyama------Winks
Son--------------Dele-----------------Lucas
-----------------Llorente

I would give a rest to Alderweireld, Trippier, Sissoko and Eriksen.

Question is whether Poch starts Llorente so as to rest some of the players before Wednesday's 2nd leg and following weekend's ManCity PL game as Kane probably out for all three and maybe Dele rested for Huddersfield ? If so leaves Llorente, Moura, Son and Eriksen as our front 4 assuming Lamela remains injured.

Thursday's team news could be interesting.

If Aurier, Dier and Lamela are all still missing.

------------------------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------------------
-------WalkerPeters-------Alderweireld---------Sanchez-----------Davies-------------
----------------------Sissoko--------------Wanyama------------Skipp------------------
-----------------------------------------------Eriksen----------------------------------------
-------------------------------- Moura--------------------Llorente-------------------------

Subs : Gazzaniga, Vertonghen, Trippier, Rose, Winks, Son, Janssen.

4-2-3-1

I would even go as far as putting Skipp instead of Winks

Putting Foyth Skipp wanyama and Dave in-rest Eriksen -are you guys mental??
Its strongest possible 11
Simple as
Exactly. You can't go making wholesale changes and treating Huddersfield lightly because that's precisely where we'll fuck up and end up dropping points. One or two changes, usual rotational stuff, as 3 points still important

Huddlesfield are relegated for a reason - they are not very good. Nothing to play for except pride, this should be a straightforward game. Keep the ball, make them run around chasing shadows. Don't give them set pieces. Tire them out and then kill off the game early in the 2nd half to allow us to rest key players around the hour mark.

Resting Sissoko seems a no brainer, but not sure if Dier or Wanyama are ready to start games.

They are likely to defend deep and in numbers. Having Llorente in the box will help us provide an aerial threat to keep their CB's occupied. He will also be useful for defending set pieces if Toby or Jan are rested.

4-2-3-1

Same line up for me, AM, Left back and centre back are places we have good back ups with Lucas, Davies and Sanchez so no brainer those ones. Sissoko looked out on his feet so hopefully Wanyama can do a job and Trippier looked like he was struggling at times and we could you KWP going forward. Early goal will be key, longer it stays 0-0 more tired we will get and it would be good to be a able to bring Winks, Son and Dele off earlyish.

Back
Top Bottom