Tottenham Vs Huddersfield - 13th April.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We get an extra 24 hours rest before we play Man City in the return leg next week, plus they have Crystal Palace away and will need to go full strength for that one.

I know it's risky but I'd make changes and have solid units on the bench just in case. We could really do with Dier & Lamela back, no idea how long they're out for but against Huddersfield at home I really wouldn't be against seeing us go with:

Lloris
Walker-Peters
Sanchez
Foyth
Davies
Wanyama
Skipp
Lamela
Lucas
Son
Llorente

Absolutely insane team and maybe the three hours sleep has got me bent out of shape but they're relegated, they're the worst team in the league and I honestly think if our boys are fresh against City next week we could be going into the semi finals of the Champions League.

Stick Alderweireld or Vertonghen, Rose, Trippier, Sissoko, Winks & Eriksen on the bench as a precaution as we have games every 3-4 days coming up for the next 5-6 fixtures. It's a risk but one I think is worth taking.

Happy and prepared to take pellets for this one, but I'd rest a few up in what should be our easiest fixture for the rest of the season. Cityx2, Brighton & West Ham big boy games, I'd risk a little for the opportunity of fresh legs & a greater chance of a semi final in the Champions League

This is arguably a more important match for Pochettino and us.

The best teams do not let up and keep pushing.

Win a hard game where they are underdogs and then go and win the game where they are favoured.

Has all the ingredients for a shock so from minute one it has to be full trottle again.

We need to win and win well.

more important to me is winning league games to get the points to stay in top 4, I can't see us winning the CL this season,
So put out strong team to win league points

Full strength, win well and keep the momentum going.

When Kane was injured before and Son came back we had 4/5 games in quick succession which we smashed. We then had a full week or so rest and we came back rubbish.

This team thrives on games in qui k succession so full strength and keep going - don't break up a winning team, especially so close to the end of the season. They can have a good old rest on 2nd June........

Last edited:
This is arguably a more important match for Pochettino and us.

The best teams do not let up and keep pushing.

Win a hard game where they are underdogs and then go and win the game where they are favoured.

Has all the ingredients for a shock so from minute one it has to be full trottle again.

We need to win and win well.

More important yes but we play this lot on Saturday, City on Wednesday, City on the Saturday, Brighton on the Tuesday when you can be certain we'll be knackered pressing City 3 times in a week and a half & then West Ham who would have had a weeks rest before their cup final against us.

For me we will absolutely need to rotate players and I think a couple were exhausted at he end of the game tonight. With Kane being injured we need Eriksen, Dele, Lucas, Lamela & Son to really step up and be big for us & out of all of those arguably only Lucas is fresh &/or fit at the moment.

Guardiola rested De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva & Sane tonight because of fixture pile ups, absolutely no reason to believe all of our players can plough through a spell of 6 games once every 3/4 days at the business end of the season without needing a rest here or there.

This ones the easiest on paper & it comes days before a now huge game at the Etihad. I'd take a chance and hope it pays off as the rewards will be so much better later down the line potentially but that's just how I see it. Time will tell

Hopefully after yesterday poch has realised 4-2-3-1 is still our best formation, with this group of players, play that way again and we will win by 3 or 4 I think

Only changes I would make would be to rotate the full backs, apart from that full strength , try get the game won , then we can start to bring off the likes of eriksen , son and dele after 70 mins. This is the perfect fixture for us in between the 2 legs against city. Whereas they have a horrible fixture away at selhurst, lets make the most of it and get the game won early .

More important yes but we play this lot on Saturday, City on Wednesday, City on the Saturday, Brighton on the Tuesday when you can be certain we'll be knackered pressing City 3 times in a week and a half & then West Ham who would have had a weeks rest before their cup final against us.

For me we will absolutely need to rotate players and I think a couple were exhausted at he end of the game tonight. With Kane being injured we need Eriksen, Dele, Lucas, Lamela & Son to really step up and be big for us & out of all of those arguably only Lucas is fresh &/or fit at the moment.

Guardiola rested De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva & Sane tonight because of fixture pile ups, absolutely no reason to believe all of our players can plough through a spell of 6 games once every 3/4 days at the business end of the season without needing a rest here or there.

This ones the easiest on paper & it comes days before a now huge game at the Etihad. I'd take a chance and hope it pays off as the rewards will be so much better later down the line potentially but that's just how I see it. Time will tell

Well thought out points.

I don't disagree with some parts. I just think anything that reeks of complacency is dangerous.

The City league game should be our freebie but only if we beat Huddersfield.

The tendency might be to take a softer approach whereas I think the likes of Alli and Eriksen and Moura have to start. Son I would leave on the bench as he had that whack on the shin.

One of Sissoko or Winks has to start.

The sensible option for me is 4-4-2. Play Llorente up top. Go with Sanchez for whoever. Hope that Aurier is ready to play and Davies for Rose. No weakening there as such.

Send the team out with the right message.

But next season bulk up the fcuking squad.

I know they will be like rocking horse droppings, but if anyone sees a pair of tickets come up.

Really want to get along with my Lad before the season ends and Saturday is the only free date he has. Would be great considering the crap few weeks we have had with family health issues, to go and let loose a bit.

Hopefully the ticket exchange may come good, but it seems so Random

Full focus and for fucks sake take this seriously. Yes they are already down. Yes we are on paper better than them in every single way. But how many times do we have to fuck up against a "easy" team following a CL game to learn this lesson?

Full focus and for fucks sake take this seriously. Yes they are already down. Yes we are on paper better than them in every single way. But how many times do we have to fuck up against a "easy" team following a CL game to learn this lesson?

100% mate.

We can and arguably are likely to feel the full force of City next Wednesday.

Lets not go into it looking back at anything but an emphatic win.

I know they will be like rocking horse droppings, but if anyone sees a pair of tickets come up.

Really want to get along with my Lad before the season ends and Saturday is the only free date he has. Would be great considering the crap few weeks we have had with family health issues, to go and let loose a bit.

Hopefully the ticket exchange may come good, but it seems so Random

I can’t make it on Saturday so if the exchange goes live mine and my sons tickets will go on there.

100% mate.

We can and arguably are likely to feel the full force of City next Wednesday.

Lets not go into it looking back at anything but an emphatic win.

I think in the CL we have developed something special, and going home is having an impact.

The players will feel they are at a massive club after last night.
We got score draws at Barca and Real.....we can go one better at City.

I think in the CL we have developed something special, and going home is having an impact.

The players will feel they are at a massive club after last night.
We got score draws at Barca and Real.....we can go one better at City.

Getting there.

First we must beat Huddersfield.

If we were then to go through against City I think that would confirm your view.

What I do think is that if we make top 4 and show ambition we can get the players we need to do well again next season.

So nearly but not quite yet in ny view.

Back
Top Bottom