Tottenham vs Burnley: Revenge of the Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

200.gif

:pochbye::llorishuh::dier::tobyarm::vert::roseunsure::wanyama::dembelelol::eriksenlol::deledoubt::kaneear::sonlol:

:levyeyes:

Sure I fully accept that. Point really is there are loads complaining about Wembley, be that atmosphere, empty seats etc. All completely valid but I don't recall a sellout at the Lane, I don't recall a bouncing Lane against Burnley.

The truth is no one will really know true numbers and each individual experience is probably different. But there is no denying people moaned, didn't sing, were negative, booed, told people to sit down, told to be quite, didn't show up, sold ST's for profit at The Lane. There are threads and threads on the topic(s) in here.

Everything is magnified at Wembley. All the same problems, same complaints etc. I was one of a handful of people who sung at the Lane where I used to sit and I was surrounded by moaning cunts. However, my own personal experience at Wembley so far has been highly positive, sat with a good bunch of fans, who all sing and the vast majority I've met so far are new STH's, really refreshing.
Certainly wasn't a bouncing Lane against Burnley, I remember it.

I'm glad you've got a good group around you, makes all the difference. And you deserve it as you are a proper supporter. I think where I am will be okay for the big games, probably terrible for the rest. I don't even mind people moaning it's just the silence and apathy I can't stand.

Spurs have maybe 7 first team players, and Eriksen, Dier, Trippier, Ben Davis, are reserves. Erikssen is annoying as he has first team ability but has such low work rate and does not try hard enough.
But if Harry Kane has an off day Tottenham don't win - in other words, Spurs are a 1-man team!

It was my first home game in a year so I'll give a more detailed account:

pre-game: Green man was nice but too empty, not a lot of pre-match atmosphere was going on. before KO I went to check out the fanzone outside the stadium, that thing is cringey AF. 15 mins queue to get a beer, a DJ playing crappy tunes and very "family" in atmosphere. But I guess that's the type of supporters Levy wants, spending and docile. I'm definitely not going back there.

Stadium: a bit of an 80's vibe with the stewards. I entered through turnstile H and sat at block 138, but in HT I just walked over and stood with some mates in 135, there was absolutely no one checking (that's a good thing).
as to the atmosphere: there were some attempts, mainly in the first half, and a lot of people around me tried to join in but the sheer size of the end makes the "vocal cores" spread out in 5 different locations making it harder to start something. I know it's european, but maybe it's time to start thinking of an ultras style conductor, the new lane will have a huge end and the same problem will resurface there. when you got so many people in a stand you need some organization.

football: Trippier was very poor, he went AWOL around the 80 minutes mark and it was clear a goal would come from there. I don't think we looked bad but rather lethargic, Kane should have buried a brace in but sadly we reverted to same old tottenham towards the end.

next one up for me is dippers in October

Spurs have maybe 7 first team players, and Eriksen, Dier, Trippier, Ben Davis, are reserves. Erikssen is annoying as he has first team ability but has such low work rate and does not try hard enough.
But if Harry Kane has an off day Tottenham don't win - in other words, Spurs are a 1-man team!
Eriksen is one of our hardest working players and despite a relatively poor performance against Burnley he's probably been our best player so far this season. Trippier and Davies are both quality although I don't think a back four really suits Trippier's game as he's unable to push up so high. Barring last season's game against Liverpool Davies has been quality and filled in for Danny Rose as we went on our best run of form all season. Dier is one of our most versatile players, as good as Wanyama in the middle (although in slightly different ways - making us more flexible) and has a fantastic attitude as well. I don't think you've been fair in your assessment of any of them here.

It's fair to say that when Kane is playing well the rest of the team plays well though. Having a world class striker on top form will do that for any team!

I dread to think what you would have thought/did think of our team in the 90s!

Put a bet on us to win even though I knew deep down we weren't going to get a result. Have since given up gambling.

I don't think this season is going to be a total disaster but I am fully expecting to drop out of the top four and would accept anywhere between fifth and seventh as a decent season under the circumstances. Told this to my Toon mate and he told me to shut the fuck up, we're going to have another above-average season and I'll be crowing come May. Well, he was bang-on last season... Honestly saw us finishing 6th or lower.

I know nothing about football.

Put a bet on us to win even though I knew deep down we weren't going to get a result. Have since given up gambling.

I don't think this season is going to be a total disaster but I am fully expecting to drop out of the top four and would accept anywhere between fifth and seventh as a decent season under the circumstances. Told this to my Toon mate and he told me to shut the fuck up, we're going to have another above-average season and I'll be crowing come May. Well, he was bang-on last season... Honestly saw us finishing 6th or lower.

I know nothing about football.
I predicted us to finish fourth last season and fifth the one before that; I was two places out both times. This season I predicted third so let's hope I continue to predict two below what we eventually get! I can't see it at the moment, but I still think top four is a possibility. It may be that some of us need to revise our expectations of what is a good outcome for this season at Wembley.

I was there and I genuinely don't recall hearing any booing. A frustrated sigh at full time maybe, but that's it.

Also, I'm in Club Wembley and the two seats either side of me have been empty for both games. And the only other person who seems to shout/sing is a 14/15 year old lad behind me. Everyone else very much seem like tourists. I would say that I regret buying in CW and wish I was with other more vocal fans, but now I just see it as my mission to be the noise for my section.

It's going to be a long season at Wembley.
The three seats in front of me have also been empty for both games but there were a couple of noisy boys behind me so I happily joined in

Back
Top Bottom