Tottenham vs Burnley: Revenge of the Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was there and I genuinely don't recall hearing any booing. A frustrated sigh at full time maybe, but that's it.

Also, I'm in Club Wembley and the two seats either side of me have been empty for both games. And the only other person who seems to shout/sing is a 14/15 year old lad behind me. Everyone else very much seem like tourists. I would say that I regret buying in CW and wish I was with other more vocal fans, but now I just see it as my mission to be the noise for my section.

It's going to be a long season at Wembley.

Interesting that there are conflicting reports from people who were at the ground. As I said before, I watched on TV and heard nothing. If people who where there have differing accounts, it probably wasn't that loud.

It is a factor. It's not THE only factor. But it is one. New STHs come in all shapes and sizes, good and bad.
In my experience, the new ST's I've met, they are absolutely buzzing to there. The old STH's are the miserable fucks, miserable at WHL, miserable at Wembley. In fact I'll be so bold as to say 100% of the new STH's I've met are excited and positive and 100% of the WHL STH's have something they are meaning about, be that legitimate reasons like ticketing or plan old player hate. I'm thankful that the miserable fat cunt and his Mrs who took up four seats who sat two rows behind me at The Lane are nowhere to be seen, as is the fella who used to shout "noooooo forwards" in a stained drawn out grant as if he was constipated every 120 seconds throughout the entire game. Whilst my bit I'm in sits down, the entire block sings!! It's on the whole really good.

In my experience, the new ST's I've met, they are absolutely buzzing to there. The old STH's are the miserable fucks, miserable at WHL, miserable at Wembley. In fact I'll be so bold as to say 100% of the new STH's I've met are excited and positive and 100% of the WHL STH's have something they are meaning about, be that legitimate reasons like ticketing or plan old player hate. I'm thankful that the miserable fat cunt and his Mrs who took up four seats who sat two rows behind me at The Lane are nowhere to be seen, as is the fella who used to shout "noooooo forwards" in a stained drawn out grant as if he was constipated every 120 seconds throughout the entire game. Whilst my bit I'm in sits down, the entire block sings!! It's on the whole really good.

So who are the non-attendees? Old school or new kids on the block? At least if you don't turn up you can't boo the team.

Fair enough. To slightly balance your critical view on old STHs, the singing at Wembley has been coming from the mass STH migration from PL-SS. It's not just a few hundred singing: it's many thousands. Just the acoustics and the vastness of Wembley that fuck it up.

I thought you were not going this season? Hopefully interesting in the sense of a successful season.

I'm mercurial. My days of every game, home and away, lying in the back of a Transit van swimming with piss and lager are behind me. I'm sophisticated these days (ha ha - this is meant as a joke) and I'll pick and choose.

Last edited:
Why do people who were at the game have so many conflicting accounts? Is it so difficult to establish whether there was booing or not? I suspect it was isolated and Guido ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Guido ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ was in a block where it was quite strong - there's no other explanation for it.
No booing in my block Joe, my block seems on the whole a nice place to be but clearly audible from all around the stadium at final whistle.

Fair enough. To slightly balance your critical view on old STHs, the singing at Wembley has been coming from the mass STH migration from PL-SS. It's not just a few hundred singing: it's many thousands. Just the acoustics and the vastness of Wembley that fuck it up.
The singing where I sit is great, I'm in the "new" shelfside corner, I'm not a standing block but everyone singing, my row is from where I used to sit in Upper East, but probably 70% of people arround my (this might change as I speak to more people) are new ST's.

No booing in my block Joe, my block seems on the whole a nice place to be but clearly audible from all around the stadium at final whistle.
Ok mate. I believe you when you say you heard booing and I believe the people who said they heard none. It's a big stadium - there's no argument from me.

The singing where I sit is great, I'm in the "new" shelfside corner, I'm not a standing block but everyone singing, my row is from where I used to sit in Upper East, but probably 70% of people arround my (this might change as I speak to more people) are new ST's.
Are you sure 5 people constitutes a statistical sample?

Sorry, I'm sleep deprived, sleepless, feverish, high on multiple antibiotics and fucking bored.

Back
Top Bottom