Tottenham v stoke city

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yay. Popped out at 1-0 for tomorrow's veg, back an hour later and we smashed em 5-1.
Just what we needed. Spurs are back in town. Well done Poch and the boys for giving us all a great weekend

Hey ArcspacE ArcspacE , SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur , you crafty pair of lovebirds, we won. And guess what, Im here.

Come join the celebration boys!
Boys-Dancing-Funny-Gif-Photo.gif
Arcy is such a sad little man. So many disagrees.

Now is the time we play without pressure, even if we won 8 0 tonight nobody will be talking too much about us. We are outsiders now until we string a numerous wins together.

Son is possesed by some korean demon i think. Crazy determination.
Second best is Winks.

good win didn't see hat score coming at half time
my concern again is Poch's use of sub's
last season it was Wimmer not getting any pitch time when we were winning well
this time round its Foyth, we may have to give is lad a full game due to injuries/suspensions etc so why didn't Poch bring him on at 70 mins we were 4 nil up, he could have taken Winks or Dembele off moving Dier into midfield,
and why wait that long to bring on Llrente, give him 15 mins
its one of the things Poch is poor on, in my opinion
why bring on sissoko he's had lots of match time ?

good win didn't see hat score coming at half time
my concern again is Poch's use of sub's
last season it was Wimmer not getting any pitch time when we were winning well
this time round its Foyth, we may have to give is lad a full game due to injuries/suspensions etc so why didn't Poch bring him on at 70 mins we were 4 nil up, he could have taken Winks or Dembele off moving Dier into midfield,
and why wait that long to bring on Llrente, give him 15 mins
its one of the things Poch is poor on, in my opinion
why bring on sissoko he's had lots of match time ?
You didn't have to qualify the last sentence

You didn't have to qualify the last sentence

Mick you know when you get all riled up about me thinking I "know better than Pochettino" when I say I want Dele dropped?
How does it make you feel when Pochettino clearly trusts and sees something in Sissoko, so much so that he got 70 minutes at the The Bernabau? Does it annoy you that he's made some 20 appearances this season when you wanted him shipped out.......does it grate that you think Poch has got it all wrong?

Mick you know when you get all riled up about me thinking I "know better than Pochettino" when I say I want Dele dropped?
How does it make you feel when Pochettino clearly trusts and sees something in Sissoko, so much so that he got 70 minutes at the The Bernabau? Does it annoy you that he's made some 20 appearances this season when you wanted him shipped out.......does it grate that you think Poch has got it all wrong?
No. He has his uses, but he is totally lacking in any end product.
I think you are right about Alli's performances, and I'm getting bored with telling you that it's your choice of adjectives that piss me off.
I'm also fed up of saying that I'd rather have a misfiring Alli on the pitch because I believe that given the opportunity to shine he will take it. When Sissoko gets the chance to shine he stands on the ball or hits the corner flag. I genuinely think we moved to Wembley to cut down on the cost of lost footballs when he plays.
I think Poch plays him when he is needed to break up play, and puts up with his drunk cow impersonations. Plus it makes him easier to sell if he gets on the pitch occasionally.

No. He has his uses, but he is totally lacking in any end product.
I think you are right about Alli's performances, and I'm getting bored with telling you that it's your choice of adjectives that piss me off.
I'm also fed up of saying that I'd rather have a misfiring Alli on the pitch because I believe that given the opportunity to shine he will take it. When Sissoko gets the chance to shine he stands on the ball or hits the corner flag. I genuinely think we moved to Wembley to cut down on the cost of lost footballs when he plays.
I think Poch plays him when he is needed to break up play, and puts up with his drunk cow impersonations. Plus it makes him easier to sell if he gets on the pitch occasionally.

So you mean when Toby got injured against Real Madrid after 20 minutes, and we had Rose, Llorente, Aurier and Dembele to change things up, he went with Sissoko so he can sell him more easily.
It was 0-0 when he came on and Madrid had hit the post and were looking good for 3 goals before half time.

We won that one 3-1, but yeah, he was just there to break up play

Its also funny how everyone is now claiming they agree Dele has been poor, but the only thing they disagreed with is how I say it. Thats pretty laughable Mick.

Shit, shite - about Dele Alli

And you are sticking up for Sissoko.

You're a wierd fish Sammy

Particularly if you can't discern the comments that are tongue in cheek.

Sissoko's only attributes are defensive, if you think he's an attacking threat then I really am lost for words, so yes, that's why he was bought into play. Stepped up too, probably his best game for us.

Ps. You'd have to be pretty arrogant to believe that you are the only one to notice that Alli is struggling to come to terms with the fact that he's now on every teams watch list. What determines his "greatness" quotient is going to be how he deals with it. Like Bale did.

Last edited:
Was the first game I've been able to get to this season.

We looked good all over the pitch but Stoke were pretty dreadful.

I'd like to think we can give Brighton a good spanking midweek so that confidence will be sky high against City at the weekend.

COYS!!!

It’s not just Mick though Sammy

Others are saying the same thing but I happen to agree with you on Sissoko and Poch

I think it’s laughable that Poch, who I now believe is our greatest manager since Billy Nic, clearly believes in Sissoko and we should appreciate that, be grateful that we have him and cut Sissoko some slack
Yes he can be clumsy sometimes but he contributes a lot in covering and tackling back while when he runs directly at the heart of defences he causes real problems
Another preseason with Poch and we could have a real player

Just like we now have in Lamela who was also subject to the same ill informed criticism

Great to see Coco back and amounts to a new signing and, hopefully, Big Vic will soon follow

Then we can have a real tilt at the CL and get back into the top 4

Shit, shite - about Dele Alli

And you are sticking up for Sissoko.

You're a wierd fish Sammy

Particularly if you can't discern the comments that are tongue in cheek.

Sissoko's only attributes are defensive, if you think he's an attacking threat then I really am lost for words, so yes, that's why he was bought into play. Stepped up too, probably his best game for us.

Ps. You'd have to be pretty arrogant to believe that you are the only one to notice that Alli is struggling to come to terms with the fact that he's now on every teams watch list. What determines his "greatness" quotient is going to be how he deals with it. Like Bale did.

You??

Lost for words??

:walker-scream:

No Alli isn’t firing on all cylinders yet but still clearly contributes and some of his passing is sublime

I certainly wouldn’t drop him to the bench and for the big games he must be one of the first names on Poch’s team sheet

Maybe. I think todays result will help though. And id say Brighton is a more attractive fixture than Stoke given the novelty factor.
I'll go 63,112
Think Brighton will be lower. Some of our support (a minority, but still quite a lot of people numerically) don't live in London/Home Counties and for this reason the midweek attendances tend to be lower, unless it's a big game.

The game was won when he came on, huge amounts of space to play in. He tends to do well at the end of games but rarely influences proceddings in the first 50 or 60 minutes. He's had very few open play assists or goals before the 60th minute mark in the PL. If he does start again soon, we'll see his again. We need players to open games up, which Son, Kane, Dele and Eriksen have done repeatedly for us many times but Lamela rarely has, which is why he's a good sub but not a good starter.

I think your right saying Lamela is not a starter but i think its because of his goalscoring abilities not creativeness he had tied second most with 9 in the 15/16 season but Son and deli score way more goals and thats how you win games.

Noticed ThePreacher ThePreacher & spursmalc both disagreed with this. Do you think Alli has been playing well in the last few games and should continue in the side with his current form?
I think Dele is one of our best players and more likely to help us win matches than some other players. Yes he is not playing as well as previously but still made an assist yesterday. There may be a case for playing 3 out of 4 Lamela, Eriksen Dele & Son together and bringing the other on from the bench to rotate and rest whilst playing so many matches but to drop Dele for the next 2 or 3 games is madness. Poch has said his problem is not tiredness and therefore he will not improve by not playing. Dropping him for 2/3 games will be a green light for clubs to try and buy him from us.

So what is the problem then, if not tiredness?

Perhaps his "head" has already been turned?
All players lose form, he is heavily marked and the team has not been playing well. It was much better yesterday. If we had lost yesterday then you consider shaking the team up but not after a 5-1 win. Look I am happy after a good win and do not see any reason to have a go at any of the players.

Back
Top Bottom