Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I missed that bit of the interview, but it seems sarcastic to me
Yeah re-read it & it's just a dig at people/media. But I guess the only reason him & Jan are left out is because of there contract issues. Which is ok if we have replacements as good. But we don't, we need them.

Well, Nietzsche and Hegel might agree with you but I'm too busy laughing. Nice one. 🤤

Many on here would do well to remember this quote :

Sometimes people don’t want to hear the truth because they don’t want their illusions destroyed.
Friedrich Nietzsche
:thumbup:

My personal favourite of his...
The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.

Supports my theory that you can't play Lucas and Son together as they're very similar and compete for one position.

Everyone was poor.

Disappointed at Lo Celso who seems as one-footed as Lamela. If we want to pack our midfield with outrageously left footed players, why did we let Jamie o' Hara go? Oh well, I suppose we'll need to give him time to settle in.

Endless crabbing across the back with Alderweireld playing in midfield at the end.

Kane was terrible and no, it wasn't a penalty - he was looking for it.

Not sure where we go. I suppose we have Dele and Ndombele to return, but Eriksen may not be a Spurs player this time next week.

Very disappointed!

Oh, and Mike Dean had a good game.

Many on here would do well to remember this quote :

Sometimes people don’t want to hear the truth because they don’t want their illusions destroyed.
Friedrich Nietzsche
:thumbup:

My personal favourite of his...
The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.
An educated Welshman. No wonder you moved to Ireland. The home of Swift, Wilde, Thomas, Behan and countless others. I almost went to Trinity, Dublin.

It's bullshit stats like this that Poch is obsessed with.

Football has changed.

I've been to many coaching courses that harp on about possession. Even Sunday league games I hear people say things they've heard some pundit say.

It's not often now you get a game worth 50/50 possession and both teams going at it. Teams are happy to either do without the ball and play on the counter. But that's what you have to do in this age based on the resources you have.

Having looked at that again I didn't think it was a pen either, Kane could have just stayed on his feet and got a shot off. Kane actively falls into him looking for it.
I did wonder why Kane didn't get a shot off because he seemed to be in on goal. For his size Kane is pretty poor at shielding the ball and fending players off. Paul Gascoigne was brilliant at it.

I know this isn't going to go down well, and was hardly the reason we lost...
but the sheer NUMBER of South Korean fans doing a 'piece to camera' outside the ground pre-match, was STAGGERING... I must've counted 20+
...if THIS IS now our core support, then I despair... 'cos they'll all be off the moment Sonny leaves, and none of them were there for our 0-6 drubbing away at Sheff. Utd (my own personal benchmark for true suppprt... as I was there!!)

So what else do they have to offer by way of support... other than some "FaceTwatInstaLikes" in the Asian market??

Lo Celso's half hour was pretty disappointing, I was hoping him and Eriksen were going to be the keys to unlocking their defence. He looked like he didn't understand what he was supposed to be doing or where he was supposed to be.

Just have to hope it comes in time with work in training

I said as soon as he came on, nothing will come of it because the players were in the wrong position.

It should have been

Sissoko Alde Sanchez Rose
Winks
Lucas Eriksen GLC Son
Kane

On cloud nine after shutting those Aussies up in the cricket; lovely sunny day and rare peace with an empty house; then enter buzz kill Spurs; now enter the brats with a million questions and the wife with bags of shopping for me to put away in the already full cunting freezer.!! Thank you Spurs. Ah, football.

I see a lot of longing for Vertonghen to come back, maybe that will fix things maybe not, he was in the first XI last season and we conceded the same shitty goals constantly so that’s not a given.

The most obvious thing that has to change is the attitude of the team, these slow starts are something that is purely an attitude issue and it’s been going on for more than a year. We start matches in this weird mode where we play complacent tippy tappy football (and invite errors) yet combine it with this timid sideways approach when we attack.

Despite the limitations of Winks and Sissoko there is no reason for them to play such safety first football. We are Tottenham FFS, enjoy the game and go out there and win. The team has still not adjusted to the departure of Dembele but they have to do it, he was a great player but we shouldn’t be labouring against dross like we were today just because he isn’t there.

Winks and others have gone backwards and started playing AVB-ball, just running out the clock passing sideways. You win games by passing the ball forward, not sideways.

Can’t really tell.

I think he might be implying that he is criticised for not playing Eriksen.

Bored of his cryptic bullshit, although to be fair, this might just be lost in translation.
There was another part about ‘nobody worries if you win’ - he was just questioning the question. He wasn’t happy with the performance though, that’s for sure.

It is strange why they dont take more responsibility especially when eriksen isnt there. You think they would thrive attacking teams & making things happen.

It’s a bit strange isn’t it. Kane and Son class players.

Lucas has proven he can score.

These guys shouldn’t have to rely on service. They should be able to dictate the game. Grab it by the balls and take charge.

Back
Top Bottom